News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Show "Price includes Tax" on all product pages

Started by rage76, June 06, 2020, 13:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rage76

Hi, is there a way to show a field/customfield "price includes tax" on all product pages in a single go? (So I donot have to add the fields in every product manually) It should show as a default.

J:3.9.19
VM: 3.8

pinochico

Sure :)

You don't need customfield.

On the demo I see price with Tax, you don't? - http://demo.virtuemart.net/dress-shirt-with-tie-detail
And you can looking inside for setup - http://demo.virtuemart.net/administrator/index.php

Have you tried or just written a post for others to solve a problem for you?

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

rage76

Dear Pinochico

I think I wasn't able to explain well. I donot want to show "price with tax or Price without tax". My site already shows price including tax. I just want to convey to the customer that the prices are inclusive of tax.

Best wishes

jenkinhill

@rage76 all you need to do is add your required text into (for example) /components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/prices.php - and save it as an override. If you already override that file then edit that one.  The text will then appear for each product on the category page and productdetails.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

pinochico

And someone is preventing you from changing the label (language constant)
Sales price
to
Sales Price with TAX

Why do you need a customfield?

Best Wishes too :)

P.S.
And of course, you can change code in override for prices.php (how wrote jenkhill). But I think simply solution is best.
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

rage76

Thank you Jenkinhill & pinochico for your inputs. But I believe, my template is modded. It doesn't show "sales price" or "sales price with tax". It just shows the price (no text before or after)

I eve tried to enable "Show tax message with product price" in the configuration but nothing changed.

I have tried customfields, it works. But that means doing it for every product manually  :'(

pinochico

NO, I think you have to change override inside your template.

Example: Sometimes, We use joomlart template and override for virtuemart we must changed.

jenkinhill

As it seems you already have overrides the file you should look at first is templates/[your-joomla-template]/html/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/prices.php
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rage76

Well, I was unable to figure out anything, so I simply added this line:

<div style ='font:11px/21px Ubuntu,sans-serif;color:#56534e'>GST Inclusive</div>

to the bottom of "default_showprices.php" in the overrides folder. It seems to be working. Hope it won't cause any issues?

Jörgen

As long as ALL your prices are GST inclusive it won' t. But it a kind of a thread generator, next time You will maybe display prices without GST ...

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

rage76

Thanks for replying Jörgen

All prices on my site are GST inclusive. Kindly explain "thread generator"?

Warm regards

Jörgen

Next time You will change the setup to prices excluding tax, maybe depending on country as the usual setup in most shops are, you will by then have forgotten that you made this unusual change in Your overrides.

It will then generate a new thread asking how to solve this, hence "thread generator".

kind regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.