News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

404 error when saving product

Started by hofelmann, June 05, 2020, 06:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hofelmann

When trying to save an product in the VM, if an image or stylized element with style is inserted in the editor, a page with error message 404 Category not found appears.
If you remove the image and format the elements, save.
Any idea? I'm using Joomla 3.9.5 but I tried to upgrade to 3.9.15 and last VM and the problem continues.
Thanks!

Jörgen

QuoteI'm using Joomla 3.9.5 but I tried to upgrade to 3.9.15 and last VM

Really ?

Last Joomla is 3.9.19, You do not say what you upgraded from or what VM You are using.

Not much to go on, because this works in ALL VM version AFAIK, this is probably related to SEF issue, turn off SEF and start from there. And if you get the time please give some more info exactly how and where you get this issue. Does the category exist ? For starters ...

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

hofelmann

I originally realized the problem with Joomla 3.9.5 and Virtuemart 3.2.14.
As I thought an update would do, I upgraded Joomla to 3.9.19 and Virtuemart to 3.8.2.10325, and the problem remained the same.
With that, I restored a backup from the previous 14 days, as the customer said that until then it worked, but again the same situation.
It was then that I realized that, if there is no image in the product description, and nothing stylized (style = ""), it will save perfectly. If you have one of these elements, refresh the page and show error 404 Category not found.

I checked, the product category exists, and as saved if you do not have these elements mentioned in the product description, I dismissed this hypothesis. Then I disabled SEF and the problem continued.

I checked for any .htaccess in the folders, but I didn't find them. I have already overwritten the files with the original Joomla and VM, also without result. I started to disable plugins in Joomla, one by one, also without success. I replaced the standard editor with JCE, it didn't work either.

As it stopped working from one moment to the next, would it be possible that some configuration on the hosting server to cause this, maybe some update? I am using PHP 7.0, but I have tested from 5.6 to 7.3 without success too.

Look, it really is the first time in over 10 years that I have a problem with Joomla / Virtuemart at that level, so complicated to solve. I posted on various forums and social media groups, no idea yet. I believe that only those who have been through this will have any way to help solve ...

I really appreciate your interest, Jörgen! Strong hug.

Jörgen

Are You saying that the content of the product_desc decides if the product will be saved or not ?

Is there some filtering or blacklisting of the data in your Joomla that creates this ? I can save images in product descriptions without any hazzle.

Do You use any special editor ? Maybe some filtering setting in Your editor is to blame?

Maybe You have any special plugin for the backend ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

hofelmann

In other host, a copy of this site works. Call to host support now.

hofelmann

ModSec in host configuration blocks it. Solved. Thank You!

Jörgen

Great to hear.
So it was THE firewall that had some settings causing this.
Do you know what settings?
Would be Good to know.
Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x