News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Product: expiration date?

Started by Mister Paul, June 04, 2020, 14:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Paul

Hi,
some of my products have a small temporality during product creation process we can specify a Availability Date.
But I'd need to specify a Unavailability Date too...

For example these are internships, training that people should no longer be able to buy after they are passed...
Is it possible to specify such  a date where the product will no longer be displayed?

Thanks for your help
Paul

jenkinhill

I previously used Joomla articles to provide extended product information with the relevant product shown in a module on that page. The page (and module) was removed using the Finish Publishing facility. You can also use the Finish Publishing facility of a module.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Mister Paul

Thank you for your suggestions.
I use also a module to show category products. But I need to keep it always published. Only "passed" products shouldn't been displayed by the module.

I have just seen this post https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=113007.0
It provides a php script to use in a CRON job that unpublish products if the current date is >= product_price_publish_down field from virtuemart_product_prices table. That's fine for me.
;)
But I can't see where I could set the product_price_publish_down date in admin backend... For what I know it's only possiblle directly in database with phpMyAdmin...
Am I wrong?
???
Any help?

Jörgen

Check details the view for the product and prices in backend. Start and stop date are there.

I would probably go for a custom field, and add a expiration date. Then I would make an override in products.php and check this.  Another idea is to add expiration in days and use available date as start of expiration. Possibillities are probably endless.

Maybe Patrick at Studio42 has a plugin for this.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Mister Paul

Thank you Jörgen
As it's not translated in French, I didn't see these fields!
:P