News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Problem with miniature image

Started by Progetto Futuro, June 03, 2020, 18:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Progetto Futuro

Hello,
i have a problem with VirtueMart version 3.0.12. When i try to replace a miniature image in one product, i click to save and it upload correctly. After that, If i want to modify the product when i click to save, it uploads the old miniature image.
Do you have any ideas?
Thanks you all

Jörgen

Cache issue. If You do not change the name of the image file you will get this effect. You may also have to clean cache.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Progetto Futuro

Hello,
thanks for reply. I try to clear cache but the problem still. I record a video where you can see the problem.
https://vimeo.com/425899227
Thanks All

Progetto Futuro

jenkinhill

Did you clear caches in Joomla and in your browser? As Jörgen says you should use a different image filename for a replacement.

An issue to me is that VM3.0.12 is nearly 5 years old, won't run on current PHP (and VirtueMart versions before 3.2.14 are known to be security risks) so I don't have such an old version for testing.  Current VM is 3.8.2 10325 and current Joomla is 3.9.19 - if using old versions your template will be out of date, too.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Progetto Futuro

Hello,
i update Joomla at version 3.6.5 and Virtuemart at version 3.8.2. When i try to modify a product i can't save the changes. If i want to delete a product, i cant do that. I try to clear cache browser and Joomla's Cache but i cant see any changes.

Jörgen

Quotei update Joomla at version 3.6.5

4 years old i think, not to mention the security issues.

I would update everything starting with Joomla on a backup copy and se what happens.

I would guess that some of Your issues may have soemthing to do with Your host PHP version etc. It has been working right ?

Something has changed and this something has to be identified and mitigated.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

brandsoo

Milbo

In special there was so much work in the vm3.6 versions on that. I think since vm3.4 that feature works really correct. It deletes for example old thumbs first. But of course, use always the latest official version.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member