United States - States dropdown not showing list of states

Started by Sunshine9, May 27, 2020, 02:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshine9

VirtueMart 3.8.2 10325
PHP-Version 7.4.5
MySQLi  5.7.23-cll-lve
Joomla! 3.9.18 Stable

The States of the United States dropdown list in Shop is not listing any states. United States has been selected as a country.

Virtuemart:Shop:Shop
Shopper Information Tab
"Bill To Information" Section
State / Province / Region * - Please Select

When I press Save:

Notice
Missing value for State / Province / Region
User data stored
Vendor data stored

Is there a fix / update for this?

Thanks,

Milbo

Check your browser console. I am sure your js shows an error.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Sunshine9

Thank you for your input.

I updated my JavaScript and I am still having this issue. The states in VirtueMart:Shop:Shoppers Information, the drop-down is not populating the states.

GJC Web Design

QuoteI updated my JavaScript

what does this mean?

As Max says the dropdown not populated is 99 times a JS error .. have you a JS error?

without a live url unlikely anyone can help you
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Sunshine9

Hi  :)

I have attached a picture of the browser console. I am not sure what link you may need to help troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks

Jörgen

You seem to have issues with something that uses urlbarcontroller.js and netutil.js

Theere seem to be js error. Deactivate the plugins or update.

The update of javascript that you probably have done is updating your computers software, has almost nothing to do with your website.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

T.A. Garrison, LLC

I know this thread is nearly a year old, but I have the "exact" same issue - without any errors.

I've looked in the back end everywhere I can think, but I'm at a loss to see where I've missed something.
This is the "development" site, and the "live" site is ready, but I won't install until a couple of VM bugs are addressed.

All of the states are published.
In the back end, when I attempted to select the "State" for the vendor, there were no options - 0.
I thought it was odd, but I continued and created a single category and product in the category.

I could add the product to the cart (which needs the h4 and h2 font-size addressed and I cannot use CSS to override the size because it's in the "fancybox" - or I just haven't found the right combination of CSS), but when I attempt to enter an address in the cart, there is nothing available. I can select the country - but no states.

Noting that this is a year old thread I thought sure there was something I was doing - or not doing. But I checked in both Chrome and Firefox and they both agree - no states.
I don't have any errors on that page - https://schoolfortheblonde.com/tagnew/services/shopping - which is where you add the product to the cart, and no errors on the actual "cart" page either.

Ok...hit me with what I did wrong.
T.A. Garrison, LLC
3150 Orleans St. # 28261
Bellingham, WA 98228

T.A. Garrison, LLC

I know this thread is nearly a year old, but I have the "exact" same issue - without any errors.

I've looked in the back end everywhere I can think, but I'm at a loss to see where I've missed something.
This is the "development" site, and the "live" site is ready, but I won't install until a couple of VM bugs are addressed.

All of the states are published.
In the back end, when I attempted to select the "State" for the vendor, there were no options - 0.
I thought it was odd, but I continued and created a single category and product in the category.

I could add the product to the cart (which needs the h4 and h2 font-size addressed and I cannot use CSS to override the size because it's in the "fancybox" - or I just haven't found the right combination of CSS), but when I attempt to enter an address in the cart, there is nothing available. I can select the country - but no states.

Noting that this is a year old thread I thought sure there was something I was doing - or not doing. But I checked in both Chrome and Firefox and they both agree - no states.
I don't have any errors on that page - https://schoolfortheblonde.com/tagnew/services/shopping - which is where you add the product to the cart, and no errors on the actual "cart" page either.

Ok...hit me with what I did wrong.

I'm on VirtueMart 3.8.9 10622 with Joomla 4.1.2

GOT IT!
Use jQuery chosen for dropdowns in FE
That was "Yes" and I switched it to "No" and the drop down lists appeared immediately.

I hope that helps others. I've read about turning off jQuery elsewhere for other reasons. So I just kept hitting buttons that seemed like they would have something to do with the drop downs.

Now I have to figure out how to adjust the font size in the fancybox windows since the text flows outside the box parameters.
T.A. Garrison, LLC
3150 Orleans St. # 28261
Bellingham, WA 98228