News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Pay for Pending Order

Started by jfreak53, May 28, 2020, 21:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfreak53

I have looked everywhere, Google'd, Tried a module, can't seem to get this to work. How does a customer who didn't finish payment pay for a pending order? Or, scenario two, they make an order, then in the backend you edit the line items and add one. How do they pay for that order now??

On the list orders screen I'm not finding a button to pay a pending order:

pinochico

QuoteHow does a customer who didn't finish payment pay for a pending order?

it is solution from payment plugin if gateway support this function, not from VirtueMart.
Gopay gateway and Gopay plugin support this.

QuoteOr, scenario two, they make an order, then in the backend you edit the line items and add one. How do they pay for that order now??

no way, you just cheated the payment gateway (aggregate) and performed an illegal activity.
If you changed orders, which is payed with Paypal, then I think you have broken the contract.

We never edit orders in the administration.

I also never modify an order when I buy shoes in a stone shop.
I go and create a new order == I buy a shoelace the next time I visit.

What you?
Are you changing groceries at the checkout or are you going shopping again?

QuoteOn the list orders screen I'm not finding a button to pay a pending order

That is right, is not VirtueMart solution, but payment plugin and override template.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

jfreak53

Umm, ok, sorry I made you mad haha. Yes, this is a function that "might" be necessary, in our case shipping is LTL shipping, we can't calculate at checkout. So the customer makes the order, pays for the goods knowing full well since we spell it out at checkout time, we will calculate shipping and add to his bill. He'll then get an email with the updated invoice for which he must pay shipping charges. So no, in America not illegal.

Anyways, how is this possible someone else?

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

pinochico

It is not a problem to create an order for the customer only for transport and to put in a note information about which order of goods it concerns.
Then you don't need any plugin

Thanks for GJC for solution, link for payment, if order is pending, we created in gopay payment plugin. Another payment plugin I don't know and if we use standard payment (for banks transfer), then info for customer about payment we sending in email template as orders status changed
Then finally I think is not problem VirtueMart you find only solution for your extra function.

Now you have :)
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

AH

As long as the order is not paid for - editing the order is perfectly sensible and there is nothing unusual or illegal with that practice.

GJC - thanks for the extra input.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

pinochico

QuoteAs long as the order is not paid for - editing the order is perfectly sensible and there is nothing unusual or illegal with that practice.

Exactly, but I see the order paid recieved.

This could be a problem, especially when paying by card.

Gopay payment gateway allows unlimited number of payments per order with the same final price. However, it does not allow you to send an additional payment to the created order with a different total amount of the order.
I don't know how other payment plugin, but I doubt that they allow you to pay for the same order, but with a different final price.

I repeat, in my opinion the problem must be resolved in a discussion with the payment gateway and the modification of the payment plugin.

If a bank transfer payment is used, then it is probably possible to use an additional plugin to warn that the payment was made in an insufficient amount (from the end customer's point of view I will warn him a second time that he did not pay something even if he paid for the goods) or modify the email template as we use.

jfreak53

Quote from: GJC Web Design on May 28, 2020, 22:50:52 PM
Use this plugin -- works well -- have used on a few sites

https://www.daycounts.com/virtuemart-add-ons/finalize-order-plugin

GJC That's exactly what I had thought of doing! Perfect solution! Thank you so much!! We'll be getting today and installed.

jfreak53

For anyone looking in the future, the plugin worked good, problem being is if you modify the order after the fact your payment module has to support outstanding balance, which ours did not. A quick change to make it figure it out subtracting `order_total` from `paid` variable in the order array, and we get the ability to pay pending balances. Works pretty good.

However, we opted to go ahead and install VM Invoices 3 as well. This allowed us to join the plugin mentioned above, with creating new orders for customers from the backend, then allowing them to pay those orders on the site. This lets us bill LTL freight very easily after the order.

Thanks for all the help GJC. For anyone looking in the future below are links to the two options used together to make it all happen.

https://www.daycounts.com/virtuemart-add-ons/finalize-order-plugin
http://cms.artio.net/en/products/vm-invoice-2

pinochico

Thanks for info,

which payment plugin you are used it?

jfreak53

It was a custom payment module we created for a customer.

pinochico

my question is about payment gateway (paypal, gopay, sparkasse...). Not about payment plugin :)