News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

WRONG Total Price on a new order.

Started by idor, May 02, 2020, 09:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idor

Hello,

Two important things I noticed today in my website. (Joomla 3.9.6, VirtueMart 3.6.10 10211)
Fist thing is that I recieved an order in which the total price in order is wrong. The confirmation mail went to the client with wrong price in it!!!!!!!
Seams like the ultimate product´s price has been calculated only.

Also an invoice has been generated for the same problematic order.
I have  Status to create Invoice: NONE, as all invoices are sent from another platform.

The problem is that I cannot generate the error again. I am making test orders with the same products and the calculation is correct.

(All template and plugins are up to date.)

Any help?

Thank you

Jörgen

One seems to be a status, in your system anyway.
If your payment plugin goes through NN
ONE you Will get an invoice. All statuses in the box will create an invoice. Please delete that choise.

The other calculation I can not help you with. Far to little info. Price info f.e would be nice.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

idor

Thank you for your response!

QuoteOne seems to be a status, in your system anyway.
If your payment plugin goes through NN
ONE you Will get an invoice. All statuses in the box will create an invoice. Please delete that choise.

Sorry I didn´t understand what you mean. Do you mean the NONE status? Should I delete it from the box?

If I delete it then in the box appears Available for all and saving shows Confirmed status.

About the payment method I use standard payment method. Nowhere in the payment method is selected None status.

QuoteThe other calculation I can not help you with. Far to little info. Price info f.e would be nice.

I send screenshot.

PS. I am thinking if this is causing by template overrides. I had the template up to date, but the fact is that I also use template override.
I don´t know which is the right method in order to override files and also get the new updated code. I use VP merchant.
I am not very sure if this could be the reason. Does it make any sense?

pinochico

I think Jurgen need more example:

- example products with setup price for them - show setup price for example product in admin and show result in FE
- add this product to cart and show cart
- show info after order and email after order

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Jörgen

You may be right. None would be the obvoius choice to generate no invoice.
But this can be overridden by the payment option och probably also in the template overrides.

Check with VP merchant if there are any updates of the template and match your changes to these new updated files.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

idor

I updated the template, but I am using overrides from previous version of the same template.
Maybe the only solution would be to compare every file from the override layout with the default layout(updated files).

About the problem with the received order and the total price, I spoke with the shopper and told me that he added one product (screenshot: order-product.jpg) in the cart (24.99), but the order he received was including another product (16.99)  (screenshot: notorder-product.jpg). Never had added the second product in the cart, or deleted it from car. The total in the order email and invoice was 24.99 only the first product (screenshot: order-recieved.jpg), although the 16.99 product was included in the list. BUT I cannot regenerate the error. The only screenshot I can send is the one from the order page.

Jörgen

Are the two generated invoices correct?
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

idor

Hmmm no. I haven´t checked it before as I don´t use invoices system from VM.

The calculated price is correct but:
There are two generated invoices for one order.
Both invoices include the product that hasn´t been calculated in the order.
See previously
QuoteAbout the problem with the received order and the total price, I spoke with the shopper and told me that he added one product (screenshot: order-product.jpg) in the cart (24.99), but the order he received was including another product (16.99)  (screenshot: notorder-product.jpg). Never had added the second product in the cart, or deleted it from car. The total in the order email and invoice was 24.99 only the first product (screenshot: order-recieved.jpg), although the 16.99 product was included in the list. BUT I cannot regenerate the error. The only screenshot I can send is the one from the order page.

The invoice doesn´t include the correct contact info. Includes the data of another client. Also the order number of another order or a missing order, I am not sure because it includes data from a test order, which order I had deleted previously.
PS. Now I remembered that I had been deleted some orders that created invoices, when I was testing the site but as I couldn´t delete them from back-end, I deleted them from the database. Did I broke something???

Also, the first invoice instead of text there are only question marks ????????? (I have greek language)
The second invoice uses courier and I can almost read, although some texts are missing
COM_VM_ST_SAME_AS_BT
COM_VM_ORDER_BALANCE
COM_VM_ORDER_PAID
Of course shipping cost and payment cost are included in both invoices.

idor

I noticed the invoices of the problematic order are from older deleted orders.
See attachments date.

It maybe something I broke, deleting those orders?

Any ideas how could I fix it? Maybe installing VM again?
Which should be the correct process for deleting older orders with invoice?

Milbo

uhm, depends a bit on the version you are using.

I think currently it is not possible to delete orders with invoices. It is planned for the next mayor release, that we remove the lock boolean and add a "sent" boolean to the invoice. And then we can allow the deletion of orders without invoices, at least. Of course I understand that people want to delete test orders and stuff like that, but it is most time not legal. But it is usually no problem to explain that it is a testorder. Otherwise we may get in trouble with the law, not VM itself, but merchants using it. Depends on the country, but otherwise vm would be even maybe illegal to use in some countries.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member