News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

New Payment Method Save / JQuery.cookie is not a function / JQuery load order

Started by rjcroasdale, April 30, 2020, 20:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjcroasdale

Hello all,  any views on this please, I'm not a Javascript/Jquery expert.

It seems to me that when I select new, under payment methods, the resulting config page does not load Jquery before jquery.cookie resulting in "jQuery.cookie is not a function" when trying to save.

On the payment methods page, index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=paymentmethod, jquery is loaded first and interaction works fine.

A previously configured payment gateway config page also works and loads jquery before jquery.cookie and save works fine.

It seems then the first save, before the configuration tab will appear, does not load jquery before jquery.cookie and so cannot save the payment method to get the config tab.

Does this sound plausible to you guys? Or do you know of the problem/solution?

Thank you

AH

What payment plugin are you trying to use

That will probably be the clue
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

rjcroasdale

Quote from: AH on May 01, 2020, 10:00:22 AM
What payment plugin are you trying to use

Hi thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure that makes a difference as this is before any selected payment method is posted.

Shop > Payment Methods >> New

The only difference I noticed between pages where buttons work and this page is the load order of jquery and jquery cookie.

Jörgen

Unpublish all of the Payment plugins until you find the culprit.

Have You updated the VM AIO ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

GJC Web Design

QuoteIt seems then the first save, before the configuration tab will appear, does not load jquery before jquery.cookie and so cannot save the payment method to get the config tab.

imho the configuration tab isn't supposed to appear because it cant until you have chosen and SAVED a method type
the config tab is rendered BY the method
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

rjcroasdale

Quote from: GJC Web Design on May 05, 2020, 09:47:08 AM
QuoteIt seems then the first save, before the configuration tab will appear, does not load jquery before jquery.cookie and so cannot save the payment method to get the config tab.

imho the configuration tab isn't supposed to appear because it cant until you have chosen and SAVED a method type
the config tab is rendered BY the method

Yes thats right, I think you somewhat misunderstood the issue.

rjcroasdale

I did not resolve my issue or understand why this was happening as I just went and added directly in the db to circumvent the issue for now.

Jörgen

A faulty published but not used payment method can break exactly what You are reporting. If unpublishing all the unused payment methods helps. Then You know that one of them is faulty. If You still having trouble, it could very well be the method You are using that isn´t up to date or badly written.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

rjcroasdale

Quote from: Jörgen on May 05, 2020, 08:14:37 AM
Unpublish all of the Payment plugins until you find the culprit.

Have You updated the VM AIO ?

Thank you for the suggestions, I will give them a go.

AH

QuoteWhat payment plugin are you trying to use

You dont know what is wrong and yet you still think you know enough not to bother giving the this answer??

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

rjcroasdale

Quote from: Jörgen on May 08, 2020, 10:47:35 AM
A faulty published but not used payment method can break exactly what You are reporting.

You posted this as I was making my reply to you :) Thank you I will try these.