News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Not all shipment methods not displaying in front end

Started by DiGwork, April 29, 2020, 13:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiGwork

I notice that only one of my shipment methods are showing the"With shipment Self pick-up for R0,00" (see attached product detail image)
The other shipment methods I have created are not showing so I presume the others are not valid.

How do I make them valid.
I have taken a screen shot showing the other shipment methods I have created and info and config details of one of the other shipment methods that are not showing.

In our business model we are not using "weight or postal code" to determine the shipment method. We need the shopper to select a method depending on which suites their scenario best.
Take a look at screenshot of shipment methods

I am presuming validity is based on weight??
We cannot work by weight as free shipping is based on quantities bought (weight cannot accurately determine if there is enough profit to cover free delivery)

DiGwork

OK so I notice that it is applying a rule for postal code so that is why it is only showing one shipment type for my postal code
but then it is also showing the incorrect price instead of R70.00 which is the Shipment cost it is Showing R0.00

I also have shipment methods that over lap with Postal codes like  "self collection from depot" which is free and "delivery" both in the same  postal code which costs R85.00 but it just displays "self collection from depot" and doesn't let the shopper make the choice. How do we get that to work?

AH

You have to identify all your shipping methods
How they overlap
What they differntiate by etc etc

You do not need to presume:  Validity is based on whatever you have configured.

http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/shop-menu/shipment-method-edit.html
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

DiGwork

I have but only one shipping method ever shows at a time even if more than one match criteria  and it is always the one with the lower ID number

AH

Have you set the auto select to "none" in config

You will not get shipping options to match unless you have an address if you do stuff by address

And your template does not look to be base - so displaying shipping options may also be an issue - i.e. it is taking the first eligible method and only displaying that

If you allow shipping methods for every shoppergroup DONT select any shoppergroups - it makes life easier now and in the future
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0