News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to Only Generate an Invoce / order with Order status "Confirmed" only

Started by hotrod, April 27, 2020, 23:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod

Just upgraded my older Virtuemart and Joomla.. I'm not liking the fact that our orders just filled up with 4 cancelled orders because the shoppers card kept getting declined.. from Authorize.net

I can't seem to find the setting to only generate an "ORDER" for "Paid / Completed" orders.  like it was in the older version..  also searched the forums and couldn't find anything that seemed to help me..  This is going to send my bookkeeper in a tail spin.. and It's my partners Wife.. : )   so this could get ugly fast.. : )  for the sake of all mankind..  help me fix this..  : )
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

Jörgen

QuoteVirtueMart 2.6.8 (Patched 9/18)
Joomla 2.5.22

Really ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

hotrod

Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

AH

This is where you can configure statuses for invoices

http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/configuration-menu/configuration.html#orders

Then you have to go to the payment method and ensure an "invoice" status is only set on confirmed payment
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

pinochico

Jörgen:

We have a lots of clients with

J2.5.22 and VM 2.0.20
And stil are function (but not responsive :D)

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

hotrod

They are my settings.. Maybe " create invoice was the wrong term to use..  It is creating an ORDER.. that is listed as pending..  The invoice image in order list has a check mark to " Create Invoice"   

What I'm looking for is the system to only generate an order number on confirmed/paid purchases..

Transaction declined was set to ( Cancelled)  but then last night we got 4 Canceled orders)  I set it to pending  just for a test and all that did was not send an order email.  I've been using VM for many years.. on a flawless 2.6.8. I almost recall having this issue with the 2.6  and we fixed it..  but I can't find the thread..

I found this..  I understand why it's in place and year it works good for sales follow up..  but I can't handle it generating an order number for every failed transaction..   http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=120124.0

Ok running a test and setting status for declined orders to pending. doesn't generate multiple order numbers on every failed attempt..  just the one set to pending..  Having it set to Canceled locked in that order number and then created another for each attempt.. I can handle this and do has one did and create a status of "sales lead"  and have an email sent to help them complete their order..
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0