News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[Fixed]Order name empty virtuemart 3.6.11

Started by amlil71, April 25, 2020, 17:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amlil71

Hello,

i have update virtuemart to 3.6.11 since i have some bugs with 3.6.10.

It's ok now but the name of customers is empty in the orders list page.

Do you have an idea to solve this ?

Thank you.

Regards.

Jörgen

Is it also emptied in the order view?
If it is visible there check with the inspector F12 to see if the name is hidden with CSS.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

amlil71

Hello,

thank you for your answer.

I have found the roof of this issue.

I have change the code of the orders.php file  located in administrator\components\com_virtuemart\views\orders\tmpl

The code wich doesn't work in 3.6.11 release

$userlink = JRoute::_ ('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=edit&virtuemart_user_id[]=' . $order->virtuemart_user_id, FALSE);
echo JHtml::_ ('link', $userlink, FALSE, $orderName, array('title' => vmText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_EDIT_USER') . ' ' .  $orderName));

I have replaced this code with the one from 3.6.10 release which works

$userlink = JROUTE::_ ('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=edit&virtuemart_user_id[]=' . $order->virtuemart_user_id, FALSE);
echo JHtml::_ ('link', JRoute::_ ($userlink, FALSE), $order->order_name, array('title' => vmText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_EDIT_USER') . ' ' .  $order->order_name));

It's ok now.

Thank you.
Regards.

AH

HI, thanks for posting back

Post data removed to prevent people using my incorrect code that was bugged

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

amlil71

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

I have put your code and sory it does'nt work.

Regards.

GJC Web Design

Quotei have update virtuemart to 3.6.11 since i have some bugs with 3.6.10.

also u don't say WHICH VM3.6.11 ....  the numbering/versioning is important as the are all work in progress
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

AH

Oops

Yes that code does not work in core - there appears to be a bug in core

This is what I use in my override:-

if ($order->virtuemart_user_id) {
$userlink = JROUTE::_ ('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=edit&virtuemart_user_id[]=' . $order->virtuemart_user_id, FALSE);
echo html_entity_decode(JHtml::_ ('link', JRoute::_ ($userlink, FALSE), $order->order_name, array('title' => vmText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_EDIT_USER') . ' ' .  $order->order_name)));
} else {
echo "<strong>" .  html_entity_decode( $order->order_name) . "</strong>";
}

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Milbo

Quote from: amlil71 on April 26, 2020, 06:09:00 AM
Hello,

thank you for your answer.

I have found the roof of this issue.

I have change the code of the orders.php file  located in administrator\components\com_virtuemart\views\orders\tmpl

The code wich doesn't work in 3.6.11 release

$userlink = JRoute::_ ('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=edit&virtuemart_user_id[]=' . $order->virtuemart_user_id, FALSE);
echo JHtml::_ ('link', $userlink, FALSE, $orderName, array('title' => vmText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_EDIT_USER') . ' ' .  $orderName));

I have replaced this code with the one from 3.6.10 release which works

echo JHtml::_ ('link', JRoute::_ ($userlink, FALSE), $order->order_name, array('title' => vmText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_EDIT_USER') . ' ' .  $order->order_name));

It's ok now.

Thank you.
Regards.

Thank you for reporting and finding the right file. The error is the "False" as 3rd parameter, which was just left from the JRoute::_ ($userlink, FALSE) and so the right code is

echo JHtml::_ ('link', $userlink, $orderName, array('title' => vmText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_EDIT_USER') . ' ' .  $orderName) );

Fixed
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

amlil71

Hello all,

thank you. It's working now  :)

Regards.