News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Paypal and 6 hours later :-( [solved]

Started by eddie1201, April 24, 2020, 21:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddie1201

Hi,

I am now brain dead and not sure what Im doing.

I use VM 3.6.10
I use Joomla 3.9.18
I use PHP 7.4

Will only take UK payments and certain countries in EU

And I need to use Paypal where from my cart they gonfirm order they go straight to PayPal to pay with a PayPal account or enter credit or debit card details.

I have from PayPal my API details, Merchant ID etc etc

In VM, what do I need to select:

Standard
    Smart Button / Express /Credit Checkout
    PayPal Payment Pro
    Hosted Pro

I am using SandBox environment but also the production environment - all failed.

I did manage in the SandBox environment to test with entering Credit Card sample numbers, and that worked,  but we want buyers to be sent directly to PayPal.

Any suggestions much appreciated, or if someone does freelance work and can help out, that will also be much appreciated.

Thank you for any gudance / help / assistance and I will keep on reading the forum

Eddie

GJC Web Design

if u just want the user to hit the confirm button and be taken to paypal to pay then use Standard..

Then u only need a basic Paypal account and enter the email address of it in the plugin admin .. leave the rest of the settings default .. that's it.
No further settings are required at Paypal either

The return and notify urls are sent by VM to Paypal and the user is redirected back to your site

I never bother with Sandbox .. just make a 1p product and a free shipping method for testing  / getting up and running
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

eddie1201

Thank you very much.  Tried the standard option as suggested, that worked but in paypal it says payment is pending, if no action is taken payment marked will be deleted.

The issue we have is that many of purchases we know coming from the EU people dont have PayPal Account.  So we need to allow users to pay by either PayPal account, or with a credit card via PayPal.

The VM documentation stated the following:   

PayPal Hosted Pro

Hosted Solution offers merchants an easy and faster way to add transaction processing to your website. It is a secure, PayPal-hosted, web-based payment solution that allows you to securely send your buyers to PayPal's payment page to authorize and process transactions.

Buyers pay with a debit or credit card, or their PayPal account and merchant do not have to capture or store credit card information on your website, thereby helping towards achieving PCI compliance.

Hosted Solution is the choice for merchants who prefer a solution where all financial details are handled by PayPal.

I tried it with all the API info taken from PayPal, so I buy, go to cart and confirm.  I the get the following error after confirm (see attachment)

This is all in production environment

Eddie

Jörgen

Hello,
Firstly, what kind of account at Paypal do you have ?
What type of account Did You select in VM setup?
Did you perhaps try to pay with the same credit card that is connected to your Paypal account ? This will probably not work. Use another card for test.
Paying with same email that is setup with your Paypal will also nio work.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

eddie1201

Hello Jörgen,

Thank you for your reply.

To your questions:

The PayPal account is a Bussines Account
In VM I selected Hosted Pro.
No card details were added - the error message came after the buyer pressed 'Confirm Order' - see attachment
The user trying to pay, registed on the site for an account.  The account is active and a total different email

Please let me know if you need any furthet information

AH

Hosted pro only works for Business Pro accounts (you will be paying PayPal a monthly fee for this)

You look to have a business standard

You need to choose PayPal Standard - which will take your customer to the PayPal payments page to complete payment

If the customer is directed to the PayPal payment page then VM is functioning correctly.

Look at your paypal account to see what has happened to the attempted payment

If the payment is confirmed - your order will be change to the confirmed status.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

eddie1201

Thank you for quick reply.

Does this mean if I use Paypal Standard they can only pay if they have an PayPal Account, when they get to paypal, will they be able to use credit card option?

Eddie

AH

Yes they will be able to pay Credit card

Many stores operate very successfully using this method as it allows PayPal account holders and Non account holders to pay.

Sometimes (annoyingly) PayPal will ask them to register - but I have never worked out exactly when they do this - some cookie stuff I guess
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Jörgen

Yes, as Andrew Said, please use standard Paypal.
If you for some reason still do not get rid of the error. Please unpublish all The payment plugin you do not use. They will still be called. Bugger payment plugin can otherwise screew up your checkout.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

eddie1201

Thank you for all the help

It has all worked and gone through PayPal fine.

It is a pending transaction in PayPal, and in VM when I try and confirm it I get the following error:  vmError: The chosen template couldnt be found on the filesystem: /home/csharkco/public_html/templates/template_name

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Eddie

Jörgen

/home/csharkco/public_html/templates/template_name
template_name ? ? ?
Are you sure? This sound like some code is using some kind of place holder. Have you tried using protostar or beez template instead?
Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

eddie1201

Hi Jörgen,

'template_name' is the template I use - you can see site at cshark.co.uk

What do I need to do so that the paypal transaction turn from pending in the shoppers paypal account.

In Orders I tried all options to complete the order but still in VM the Paid section is a red cross  (see attached image)

Just checked the buyers email account and I can see emails reflecting all the status changes from within the orders section in VM

Thanks for all your help

Eddie

eddie1201

Than you all for helping.

All is working now.  I did forget to verify the PayPal account and changed 2 parameters in VM to default and all looks good and transactions was all succefull

Thanks Again

Eddie

AH

Eddie

Thanks for posting back - good to hear you got it working for your site  :)
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0