News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Integrating AuctionFactory v.4.5.9 with VirtueMart v.3.6.10 and Joomla v.3.9.16

Started by bpond, April 21, 2020, 10:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpond

Hello, everyone.

Firstly, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Kittikorn from Thailand. Due to Covid19's pandemic, our government asks people to stay home and do social distancing. I think would be the same as everywhere else in the world.

That is a good thing to do to stop spreading the virus. However, it also creates living life issues in which people lost their job and has no money to survive. Now many parts of Thai communities come out to help each other by giveaway some cash, donate food and necessary living supply. So I would like to be a small part of them helping my community as well.

My plan is to create a free marketplace and auction place for Thai people where they can exchange something that they probably do not need it to turn into some cash to feed their stomach without paying an expensive fee as the other site does. To help people get through the tough situation.

I purchased an auction extension base on Joomla a few years ago. The extension called "AuctionFactory" from thephpfactory.com. But the extension itself has many bugs and the process of the payment and checkout parts are very confusing. It cannot actually go on to the live site. I have asked the extension owner to fix many times however it seems they have not an open-mind and refuse to change or fix it. At that time, I had a very low budget so I had to give it up eventually.

Just now I come across to VirtueMart and see a forum that has a commercial jobs section. It gives me an idea to combine the Auction part of the AuctionFactory with the payment and checkout process of the Virtuemart. I would like to ask you guys to look into my project and quote how much I would be charged to complete the project.

If you are interested in looking at the project, please PM me then I will give you a temporary URL site. So you could try to make an auction or just "buy it now" and play around to see the issues of checkout and payment process in both the front site and admin site.

I am looking forward to receiving your PM.

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
Kittikorn

Studio 42

Is AuctionFactory mandatory ?
What are your exact requirements ? Because you can perhaps use directly Virtuemart and a custom auction plugin with a form to add products more easily than in Virtuemart.
This solution do not need so many work as integrate another component in Vm

annajn

Quote from: bpond on April 21, 2020, 10:29:02 AM
Hello, everyone.

Firstly, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Kittikorn from Thailand. Due to Covid19's pandemic, our government asks people to stay home and do social distancing. I think would be the same as everywhere else in the world.

That is a good thing to do to stop spreading the virus. However, it also creates living life issues in which people lost their job and has no money to survive. Now many parts of Thai communities come out to help each other by giveaway some cash, donate food and necessary living supply. So I would like to be a small part of them helping my community as well.

My plan is to create a free marketplace and auction place for Thai people where they can exchange something that they probably do not need it to turn into some cash to feed their stomach without paying an expensive fee as the other site does. To help people get through the tough situation.

I purchased an auction extension base on Joomla a few years ago. The extension called "AuctionFactory" from thephpfactory.com. But the extension itself has many bugs and the process of the payment and checkout parts are very confusing. It cannot actually go on to the live site. I have asked the extension owner to fix many times however it seems they have not an open-mind and refuse to change or fix it. At that time, I had a very low budget so I had to give it up eventually.

Just now I come across to VirtueMart and see a forum that has a commercial jobs section. It gives me an idea to combine the Auction part of the AuctionFactory with the payment and checkout process of the Virtuemart. I would like to ask you guys to look into my project and quote how much I would be charged to complete the project.

If you are interested in looking at the project, please PM me then I will give you a temporary URL site. So you could try to make an auction or just "buy it now" and play around to see the issues of checkout and payment process in both the front site and admin site.

I am looking forward to receiving your PM.

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
Kittikorn
Hello Kittikorn,
I have gone through the details and interested to discuss the project details with you.
Please email me with the details at anna.cis23@gmail.com so I can share some samples with you.You can also add me over Skype Id: cis.am2.
Await your response.
Regards,
Anna J

bpond

Quote from: Studio 42 on April 21, 2020, 17:56:59 PM
Is AuctionFactory mandatory ?
What are your exact requirements ? Because you can perhaps use directly Virtuemart and a custom auction plugin with a form to add products more easily than in Virtuemart.
This solution do not need so many work as integrate another component in Vm

Thank you for your advice.

You mean the auction plugin from WebKul, right? I have checked those before I made a post. However, the plugin is not exactly what I am looking for.
What I need is to act as a marketplace for auction like eBay and also have the ability to give feedback scores to valuation each other from both sellers and bidders.

The AuctionFactory extension does the job but it has got bugs with payment and checkout notification. Also, the extension owner refuses to change or fix it and nowadays they seem to stop responding to any question in their forum.

That is the reason why I think if I could integrate the AuctionFactory with VirtueMart. That would be the answer.

Any more advice would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Kittikorn

pinochico

better is fixed AuctionFactory payment then add another component and create connector between VM and AuctionFactory.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

bpond

Quote from: pinochico on April 22, 2020, 16:10:23 PM
better is fixed AuctionFactory payment then add another component and create connector between VM and AuctionFactory.

Thank you for your answer.

Please kindly advise more on how to create the connector component btw AuctionFactory and VM.