News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Cant save Custom fields with plugin

Started by Ville, April 21, 2020, 09:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi!

Uses Joomla 3.19.16
Virtuemart 3.2.4
Php 7.2.10

I can't do a new custom field in Virtuemart and choose a plugin, then the whole page freezes when I save.
If I choose string or some other type it works fine but not with plugin.
It doesn't matter which plugin I choose, the same result.

pinochico

I use the same configuration and all function
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Jörgen

QuoteVirtuemart 3.2.4

Old VM version, what has changed ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

pinochico

Until the version of Virutemart is free of errors, you cannot upgrade.

Changes between 3.2 and 3.6 are so fatal that they cause malfunctions - in our case, for example, any custom code modification

- OPC
- CustomFilters
- Discontinued products
- Order product by Sales prices
- Catproducts

etc, etc ...

Better to debug to the current version - hire a programmer and find a bug.
Not here on the forum, experience :)
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Studio 42

@pinochico
If you dont hack the core, it's better to update and fix the issues that use an obsolete release.
S your solution, is to fix the bugs and never update ? In this case, why not using Vm 1.1 and Joomla 1.5 ?

pinochico

Patrick:
QuoteIf you dont hack the core, it's better to update and fix the issues that use an obsolete release.

Sure :)

QuoteS your solution, is to fix the bugs and never update ? In this case, why not using Vm 1.1 and Joomla 1.5 ?

no, no, we male update, but not on production site - on devel. All projects are on two servers, all projects are in gitlab and we working as team with branches.
After update devel (sometimes, 1x per 1-2 year) we create merge with all our new fix and our functions.

But the old programming rule says:

If something works, you don't need to upgrade to the new version.

Imagine that we upgraded a functional e-shop, which has 300 orders a day and caused a total malfunction, just because someone here on the forum says it as a condition for solving the problem. These people do not consider there and instead of just repeating the general rules that they devised to have a simple life :)

In addition, the differences between VM versions and random programming of VM developers (I remember the total malfunction of payment plugins) leave me in the belief that until I find out all the differences, there is no need to upgrade anything (without thinking)