News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

URL change virtuemart_product_id on product_sku

Started by fcplpl, April 20, 2020, 16:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcplpl

How can I change the default link: index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=5535&virtuemart_category_id=512&Itemid=

virtuemart_product_id on product_sku

To open a product like this:

index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&product_sku=XXX&virtuemart_category_id=512&Itemid=

which file needs to be modified ?

VM: 2.0.22b
J 1.5

Thank you for your help

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

fcplpl

the default product link is:

index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=5535&virtuemart_category_id=512&Itemid=

I want to exchange virtuemart_product_id on product_sku

So that I can open the product after the product_sku parameter.

I need a new URL

pinochico

Quotewant to exchange virtuemart_product_id on product_sku

Again:
why?
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

fcplpl

I want to integrate orders. To an external system and I need a link where the ID is changed to SKU.

pinochico

I think is bad idea (reason why I don't know still :)

- All function in core and DB table working with ID
- Inside SKU you can put any text = not convertible to URL without spec function, is not unique

Forget this requirement until you explain why it is sufficient to address it

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

fcplpl

i want to make a new column in _virtuemart_products. There, add a new column and enter a unique number.

I want to call the product from the new column instead of the product in the url virtuemart_product_id.

I need such a link with a new number for an external ordering system

pinochico

yep,

we created two sides connector between mobile external ordering app and VM for J25, but we don't use SKU.
I think your analyse is wrong and will be not function.

But if you want, than you have to hire some developer, this is free forum, not projecting manager :)

Studio 42

If you want a link with the sku, then intercept the link and use a redirection with a system plugin.
You cannot use sku as link directly.