News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

custom tax rate

Started by yan77, April 20, 2020, 07:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yan77

Hi,

I am using the VirtueMart 3.6.10 10211 version, and it gives me certain tax rates in the drop down menu, but the tax rate that I need to add (8%) is not in the list. How can I add this 8% rate in the list and make it applicable to my products?

Thanks,
Yan

VM version ? = VirtueMart 3.6.10 10211
Joomla version ? 3.9.16.
PHP version ? 7.2.24

GJC Web Design

QuoteI am using the VirtueMart 3.6.10 10211 version, and it gives me certain tax rates in the drop down menu

1. sit down and read the documentation - https://docs.virtuemart.net/manual.html

2. make your own tax rate

3. in future don't use a bundled preconfigured quickstart ---
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

3. in future don't use a bundled preconfigured quickstart

I don't know how many times we have had to state this, problems from using quickstarts is responsible for far too many posts on this forum.

This is the way to set up a Joomla/VirtueMart website if you have not used Joomla and/or VirtueMart before:
1. Install Joomla  - get used to it, how it works and try various configuration options, all with the default Protostar or Beez templates.
2. install VirtueMart with the sample product data.  Play with it, see how it is configured and what happens when you change things.
3. If you need to use a different template then install that, and again test it out.
4. Delete the Joomla articles, categories and menu items that you don't need. Empty out the trash!
5. Reset VirtueMart to default using the "Reset all Virtuemart tables and do a fresh install" tool.
6. Now start configuration and enter products etc for your store.

Yes, it takes a while, but with this learning process, you will then be better able to understand how things should be done and how to set up a store to suit yourself.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GJC Web Design

quickstarts should really be re-labelled as "how to spend endless time confusing yourself starts"
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

yan77

some spend 5x time in order to answer a question that takes probably x time to answer it. This is a forum, people will ask questions with different knowledge level and understanding of joomla, that is why these forums are. You have a few options basically;

1) Ignore the posting
2) If you know the answer, and if you like to answer, answer it so  I could use little help
3) if you know the answer but do not want to answer it, that is fine, just skip it and shut up
4) if you do not know the answer, follow so you can learn
5) do something better in your "always vacation" times!

yan77

btw, I have figured out, for somehow I missed that config menu, not because I have not spent enough time on virtuemart, things fall through the cracks, obviously it fell through the cracks. No answer is needed. It is on the admin menu.

Jörgen

@yan77
Honestly, namecalling and bad language is not the place here. Especially if you get answers that covers your question. If you mean that you set Up a new tax rate, then you got the answers you needed in the first post. If you Did something else, your question was unclear and your answer not very helpful. Be a good example and give something back. Blowing off steam is not the way to go.
Would you be satisfied with your own answer?
Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

yan77

they started first, be fair, and say it to them first if you want to be fair. Or spend your time to answer questions, do not pamper.

AH

Yan - your question was answered in post 2

So go read the manual.

After doing that you will have seen where the configuration options are and how you might set them.

The additional point 3 was to guide others not to use quickstart configurations that in many peoples experience are difficult to unpick.

From mt perspective I see that subsequent answers would reduce time available to read the documentation

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0