Shipment cost issue with downloadable items and physical products together

Started by yan77, April 19, 2020, 22:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yan77

Hi,
I have both physical products on my site as well as downloadable software products. I am using UPSP plugin for vitruemart for physical parts, which works perfect for those products. And I created a new shipment method for downloadable items as "Download" and set the weight information to 0, it works as it is supposed to be when customers add software on the chart, and when this shipment method comes up on the checkout, there is no shipment cost added as it is a downloadable item. The problem is, when a customer adds both physical products and downloadable SW products on the chart at the same time, then UPSP options along with the Download option comes up as available options, which the problem starts here. The problem is, when the customer choses "Download" option, the purchase can be executed successfully without adding shipping cost for physical products, so this is a kind of bug because customers can easily get away the shipment cost when they buy both SW and physical products together by selecting the "Download" option on the shipping method. 

What I need is, in a scenario where customers add both downloadable and physical parts on the chart, the "Download" method should not be displayed, so customers will have to be choosing one of the UPSP shipment methods. The "Download" option should show up only when there is only SW (downloadable) items on the chart. Could somebody help me on this ?
Thank you very much!

GJC Web Design

Has your UPSP plugin not got the later core options blocking categories etc on the first tab?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Studio 42

Add a FREE shipment with weight = 0 only and all others with weight > 0.01
If you have set weight in all product except virtual products, then it work.

yan77

Hi,
It is already what I did by adding free shipment for the downloadable items by setting the weight to 0, and leaving physical products for more than 0, but as I stated in my original message, this concept works for individual products. The problem occurs when you have both downloadable and physical products on the checkout, then it lists both downloadable item shipment option, which is "Free Shipment" as well as the other UPSP options as there are also physical products in the cart. And customers are able to select the free shipment in that case and make the purchase successfully for the entire cart without paying any shipment cost for physical products. That said, having UPSP plug in blocked for downloadable items would not help, as the problem occurs when both type of products are at the checkout.  I need a solution such as downloadable free shipment method does not appear at all when there are both type of products in the chart, it comes up only when customers buy downloadable items.

Studio 42

You can set min and max weight in the shipment settings.
If you set max weight to 0.001 , then the FREE shipment is only displayed when you have only downloadable products.

yan77

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products