News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM large image no way close/cross

Started by lombiz, April 19, 2020, 18:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinochico

I I use or testing Google Pagespeed Insight (ranking problem with jquery - old version) - I use myjoomla, then pagespeed Insignt is included, I go to ftp and manually replace old jquery with new version (3.1.4), but with the same name - jquery.min.js
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Studio 42

@lombiz
Is your site not aceessible in French country ?
When i try to display your website i have a blue or white screen, even in home page!

lombiz

Thats not good!   www.nobleteam.se   ?

Studio 42

I have in the console :
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED
Disable ZIP compression in Joomla, should solve the problem.

lombiz

But for me it works and my market is pretty much only Sweden but still strange and maybe others in Sweden too with same issue.

Chrome or which browser?

Disable Gzip you mean?

Thx!

Studio 42

Yes, disable Gzip.
Any PHP error break it.
You should try mod_deflate in .htaccess, it provide simlar compression but do not have same problem.
Note that in firefox, i see the text, but no CSS is loaded ! I see that you have a javascript that load the CSS /media/plg_jspeed/cache/css/a85a2f14dbf375879aa264f88fc8f6ad_0.css, this can be the problem.

lombiz

Let me try to disable jspeed 1st and see if it helps.

I get it working in Firefox now.
Jspeed creates problem with Firefox so have to look into it.

I really appreciate your help.

Studio 42

It work now in firefox, but not in google chrome(Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED)
See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53538607/failed-to-load-resource-neterr-content-decoding-failed-error-while-loading-la for eg.

lombiz

Strange! For me everything works in both.

Also many clients using the site daily and browising without problem. Mainly in Sweden though.

I will look into it but too many things right now.   Problably have to change framework and template.
Just spend quite some time setting it up so back to scratch again.
Thanks!

Studio 42

Disable GZIP in Jomla and try in .htaccess
<ifModule mod_deflate.c>
  AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/xml text/css text/plain
  AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/javascript application/javascript application/x-javascript application/json
</ifModule>

lombiz

My biggest problem right now is that everything works for me both in Firefox and Chrome, phone etc.
I am also doing crossbrowser testing.   Very strange you have problems I cannot see or get.
I also daily look and work on my site on 3 different computers, ips, internet providers so very strange you have these problems.
Also use pagespeed etc.

Very happy for all input though.  I prefer this time to try to keep the site as clean as possilbe without modifying too much.

I want the template to work without be editing/uploading different jquery files etc but I will try anyway.

Will the code in .htaccess do the same as gzip?  but I mean everyone is using gzip and it is really effective and simple, right?

Thanks!

lombiz

Quote from: pinochico on April 20, 2020, 08:01:37 AM
QuoteHi,I dont really understand what this means

I means and I see still == you use == loading (you find inside head section)

old version jquery (1.2.14) from joomla 3.9.X instalation - joomla use old version still
new version jquery (3.4.1) from another extensions - I don't know from which, you must analyse :)

If you mean all the yellow marked items that is definately the template.  Megamenu, astroid, fancybox rings a bell to VM setting but maybe no connection!
So should I replace jquery or get rid of extension and in this case most likely template?

Studio 42

I dont know what you changed, but i can access your site using  google chrome !

lombiz

Hi,

Thanks for all your help and points about Firefox etc not loading.  Made me look harder into things.
The conflict jquery is loading in template footer so working on it.

crossbrowsertesting is showing most browsers/os working good except explorer which apparently is a common problem.

Thx!
BR /Peter

lombiz

Got a fix for the footer jquery.

Didnt want to start a new thread for this stupid question.

How do you set the size and format for the image that pops up when you click it in virtuemart?