News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How to manage "discounted" products witch has near end Valid to date

Started by NoOneLt, April 18, 2020, 11:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoOneLt

Hello,

Maybe someone could advice most efficient way to manage situation where i have some items with near end "Valid to" date (not tracked in system and dont think i need it) and this should be discounted.

I think what is important is that i dont use/track inventory, so either 100 either 0 units in item card allows ordering but in this special case i will have 2-3 units of item and can not overorder.

So while same item can be either discounted einther not i would need item copy, Or maybe child item fits better? Some "Discount" group will be used for grouping.

Then probably i would mark item as dicounted and set some "override" price, or apply discount on the group from taxes....
\

But how i can manage the limited qty for this items?

Or should i just set all items to 9999999 and some certain items to real stock qty?

Or maybe there is something completely different? P.s. i would like to handle without payed plugins, as it is rare situations.

Thanks!

Jörgen

Turn on stock handling for all products. Then You can not oversell. When stock reaches low stock level You will get a warning on e.mail. Then You can discount these items. All standard VM

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

NoOneLt

Hi, thanks, low stock does not mean they are discounted, it is more time related.

And we are not into full stock management

Jörgen

You do not want to oversell, but you do not want stock management? Then You have to talk to a programmer to make You some bespoke programming, ISTRAXX, Studio42, GJC etc.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.