Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/

Started by avekash, April 12, 2020, 05:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avekash

Hi

I'm trying to set up my new e-commerce site but get some issues. In fact i'm using Virtuemart 3.4.2 version, when i installed the joomla site template with virtuemart the default site run correctly so now at the step to costumize my site i get issues after creating some product and change one menu title. See the message i get when click on one any menu : Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/

StefanSTS

Hello,

you should ask your hoster to raise the maximum_execution_time to at least 60, better 90.
Check your memory limit also.
You might need to upgrade your hosting package.

In the meantime you could run your shop locally on XAMPP or similar, until you solved that problem with your hoster.

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

Jörgen

Just wondering, why are you installing a almost two year old VM version ? What Joomla version ? What PHP version ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

avekash

Hello Stefan

Thank you for your response. My hoster allow me to manage my host via CPANEL and in my cpanel administration i already try to raise "the maximum_execution_time" to first 60 after 90 but i got another error : Internal Server Error - The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request....
I'm to my limit & don't know what should i do again.

avekash

Quote from: Jörgen on April 12, 2020, 10:33:32 AM
Just wondering, why are you installing a almost two year old VM version ? What Joomla version ? What PHP version ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Hi Jörgen

I understand your wondering, but let me explain you that i bought a printshop template since 2 years ago but i do not get time to achieve my project. But it's now i decided to go ahead with it. And in the bandle of the package of "Joomla Virtuemart Responsive Printing Company Template" it's this version that i get.

So can i update easily the version of virtuemart from 3.4.2 to 3.6.0 without any misconfiguration and error ?

Studio 42

You can update Vm. But the problem can be, if you have many custom fields
Verify in Vrituemart configuration > shopfront : Product Listing
And uncheck : Show product customfields in browse views

StefanSTS

Please try your installation locally, or ask your hoster or try with another hoster.
If you can change your settings in a hosting panel, it does not always mean that the values change. Some hosters have just locked the max execution time, regardless of your settings.

Depending on how far you are with the shop it might be better to finish  the job on VirtueMart 3.4.2. For now, VM 3.4.2 is just fine. Once everything is running, you can test in a test installation, if the update is working well. With heavily customized templates that might not be possible without some adjustments. You should check for template and extension updates.
If there are no updates for the printshop template, you have bought the wrong template two years ago. If there are updates all is fine.

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

avekash

Thank you for your help. finaly the company which sold me the template did the necessary.