Author Topic: VirtueUpload 1.0.0 - upload component for VM  (Read 217802 times)

Lestat

• Beginner
Re: VirtueUpload 1.0.0 - upload component for VM
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2007, 00:06:26 am »
Is there a possible way to get an upload over another image like silk screening products. Is there such a module for this? So when a customer places an order there image would be included with the order and show the client an example of what it would look like with thte photo and have a photo editing option would be a nice feature to have added to it as well.... And also have an option to place text instead of a photo.  Along with color options and stuff... Hope I didn't confuse anyone here.. check out the examples below one of the sites you may have to sign up to veiw the upload feature and you will understand what I am looking for...
Examples:
http://www101.iprint.com
http://www.photoworks.com/

Like puttng image over a mug etc....

Oliver Griffiths

• Beginner
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2007, 18:11:50 pm »
Hi,

I have a question:

I'm trying to find if it is possible to attach uploads to products? What I need to do is create a product catalog that the admin can upload a pdf file to with a link on the product info to the uploaded file, making it available for download by a standard user.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Oli

sebastian

• Beginner
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2007, 13:01:17 pm »
Hi,

I have a question:

I'm trying to find if it is possible to attach uploads to products? What I need to do is create a product catalog that the admin can upload a pdf file to with a link on the product info to the uploaded file, making it available for download by a standard user.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Oli

Hi Oli,

look at http://www.jmds.eu/downloads-factsheets/virtuemart-factsheets/adding-additional-details-files-to-products./download.html

I guess you can combine it with virtueupload. Apply the hack and change the upload path. The name of the file must be the same.

Oliver Griffiths

• Beginner
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2007, 16:56:20 pm »
Thanks for that.

I've taken it a step further and am trying to configure it so that if you select "make product downloadable" and upload a file, that file is then displayed along with the product.

The problem I am having is I need to add the SKU onto the end of the filename to make it unique. Anyone know how I can get this? The file I am modifying is:

ps_product_files.php line 155 and 158.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

dasemo

• Beginner
    • Shopping Catalogue
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2007, 02:26:50 am »
This is what the installer says, when I try to install the component virtueupload

SQL Error DB function failed with error number 1067
Invalid default value for 'cdate' SQL=CREATE TABLE `jos_virtueuploads` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `file_name` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '', `file_size` text NOT NULL default '', `upload_by` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '', `order_id` mediumint(11) NOT NULL default '0', `ip` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', `session_id` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', `link` varchar(150) NOT NULL default '', `comment` text NOT NULL, `date` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `cdate` int(11) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ) TYPE=MyISAM;
SQL =

CREATE TABLE `jos_virtueuploads` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `file_name` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  `file_size` text NOT NULL default '',
  `upload_by` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  `order_id` mediumint(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `ip` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '',
  `session_id` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  `link` varchar(150) NOT NULL default '',
  `comment` text NOT NULL,
  `date` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
  `cdate` int(11) NOT NULL default '',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
  ) TYPE=MyISAM;
Joomla 1.5, VM 1.1.2

standby

• Beginner
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2007, 20:55:38 pm »
Hi, great component and hacks.
(Sorry, my english isn´t very good but I´ll try explain my question)

I have installed virtueupload  (Pisu hacks) over Joomla! 1.0.12 and VirtueMart 1.0.9.

In my proyect the best place for the upload form is the page "checkout.thankyou.php". Just when the customer has paid.  I think the order details page is not the best place for the form because is possible the customer don´t open that page and that page have too much dates.

I did the changes explained about it in this thread (page 5) and It work, but when a file is uploaded the new page which is opened is diferent,it only show the form,  then you can´t see the order details link.

By other hand, I have a serius problem with the 2M limit in the file size to upload. I know it is a problem with my web server , then I think I can´t change it (the web server is a shared hosting ). Is there any solution?

I think over several possibilities:
- The upload are made by ftp, then don´t exist  limit with the file size and I can host may web in a server and get the files there or directly into my PC (so it don´t increase the web traffic and the hosting is cheaper)

- To use a java applet to upload the files.

But I don´t know integrate it in virtueupload component.

One bug:
- When a file is biggest than the limit the error is 'No file selected!'   instead of 'The filesize is not within the limit!'

Other thing

- If I do the spanish translation,in the error messages in the form aren´t showed the spanish characters: ñ, á, é, ...
Thanks.

david l

• Beginner
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2007, 00:22:56 am »
Im loving Virtue Upload...but is there a way after I have processed and made changes to what the customer has uploaded to notify the customer and give him a download link through virtueupload?

McCutchan

• Beginner
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2007, 13:06:31 pm »
Hi there, so I tried everything, but the damn uploader wont upload the files in the flypage...and it would be easier if it would be in the order page...I'm using joomla 1.0.11 and vm 1.0.9. I did the two change to the files that I was told to, but no way to upload..if I use it by it self everything works fine...but in the flypage it won't work...
Rich

standby

• Beginner
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2007, 18:38:52 pm »
Pisu, thanks for your answer.
Finally I am using a java solution . It isn´t GNU / GPL License but it´s  cheap, and it has a lot of setup options.

Mike Horsten

• Beginner
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2007, 10:06:55 am »
Pisu,

I wouold like to make a dutch translation for the upload module. Can i send you the text version to integrate it into a newer version of if i make the dutch.php file can it automaticly be included?

Im new to PHP but not to translations.

Mike

Mike Horsten

• Beginner
« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2007, 12:53:49 pm »
I will make the dutch translation and post them to you. Also i will translate both other files.

ONe question I cant get the VM_Orders_With_Upload_List_1.0.8 to work, Where can you find this in the final output of the order.

Mike

Pisu

• Contributing Developer
  • ..still looking for..
    • Blog di Stefano Bagnatica
« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2007, 19:06:43 pm »
ONe question I cant get the VM_Orders_With_Upload_List_1.0.8 to work, Where can you find this in the final output of the order.

What do you mean? Of course you must have VirtueUpload component installed.
However, I report here the lines to add to original files.

File account.order_details.php  (add near the end of file, before line } /* End of security check */):
Code: [Select]
?>
<hr/>
<?php

$query "SELECT * FROM #__virtueuploads WHERE order_id=" $order_id;
  $database->setQuery($query);
  $uploads $database->loadObjectList();
  if (count($uploads)>0) {
  echo '<strong>Allegati</strong>: ';
  foreach ($uploads as $upload) {
  $downlink $mosConfig_live_site "/index2.php?option=com_virtueupload&task=download&id=" $upload->id;
  echo '<a href="' $downlink '">' $upload->file_name '</a>';
  }
  echo '<br/>';
  }
?>

<input type="button" class="button" value="Carica un File" onclick="window.open('index2.php?option=com_virtueupload&task=show_form&pop=1&order_id=<?php echo $order_id?>','win2','status=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,titlebar=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,width=450,height=260,directories=no,location=no');" />
<?php

File order.order_print.php (add near the end of file, before </table>):
Code: [Select]
<tr>
  <td colspan="2">
  <?php
  $query "SELECT * FROM #__virtueuploads WHERE order_id=" $order_id;
  $database->setQuery($query);
  $uploads $database->loadObjectList();
  if (count($uploads)>0) {
  echo '<strong>Allegati</strong>: ';
  foreach ($uploads as $upload) {
  $downlink $mosConfig_live_site "/administrator/index3.php?option=com_virtueupload&task=download&id=" $upload->id;
  echo '<a href="' $downlink '">' $upload->file_name '</a>';
  }
  echo '<br/>';
  }
  ?>

<input type="button" class="button" value="Carica un File" onclick="window.open('../index2.php?option=com_virtueupload&task=show_form&pop=1&order_id=<?php echo $order_id?>','win2','status=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,titlebar=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,width=450,height=260,directories=no,location=no');" />
  </td>
</tr>
Pisu - Team VMItalia (Supporto Italiano VirtueMart)
www.stefanobagnatica.it | www.vmitalia.net

Mike Horsten

• Beginner
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2007, 16:33:45 pm »
Thanks sorry i understood this but i was thinking on something else. But i fixed it

Mike

mindless

• Beginner
« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2007, 09:11:03 am »
Nice component it works very well.

Jim Hitch

• Beginner
    • English Language Services Limited
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2007, 18:47:31 pm »
Component looks like what I'm after, I had to install the hacked version as well as the list:

virtueupload1_0_0_hackbypisu.zip
VM_Orders_With_Upload_List_1.0.8.zip

So thanks for all the great info on this thread alone.

My is Q simple, very simple:

In Components>VirtueUpload>Settings>Hacks at the Flypage hack the instruction at the end of it reads

"Then open your flypage and add {vu_form} somewhere."

What's and where's my flypage?

I know it's an easy one... thanks.

Jim
Jim Hitch
English Language Services Limited
http://www.englishlanguageservices.co.uk