Author Topic: VirtueUpload 1.0.0 - upload component for VM  (Read 217800 times)

aka007ii

• Beginner
Re: VirtueUpload 1.0.0 - upload component for VM
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2006, 22:08:15 pm »
Now that I'm thinking more about this, it would be great to place the upload form on the product page (already possible I know) but instead of uploading right then, it just sends file source path in a hidden field along with the order to the shopping cart. Then, after payment has been confirmed the "Thank You" page displays a simple "Send Image" button with progress bar (could just be the same status bar since I know it's hard to make a real progress bar in with PHP). That "Send Image" button would also be availible in the shopper's Account Maintenance page in case they skip it on the "Thank You" page.

This would acctualy make more sense to the shopper. They attach the photo and enter custom text on the product page but aren't uploading any file until payment is recieved. This way the store owner isn't recieving bogus uploads without orders. And multiple products (each with files attached) would upload at the same time asociated with the product SKU and payment ID without the shopper having to select it by hand.

aka007ii

• Beginner
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2006, 23:24:46 pm »
hmm so the path in the email looks like this:
mysite.com/CFG_VMUPL_UPLOADROOT/x/y/file.name?

To fix it, you can manually insert the real path in "virtueupload.php" in the function "log_upload()"
I´ve noticed a few bugs in the current version...I´ll fix them when I have the time  :)

Maybe you can place the snippet for the thankyou-page somewhere else...it might depend on your VirtueMart Version. - I tested it with 1.0.4 and it worked well.
Also make sure it´s
echo $vu->show_form();
and not
$vu->show_form();

Please let me know if it finally worked  :)

I figured out how to fix the e-mail file link. Replace CFG_VMUPL_UPLOADROOT with VU_CFG_UPLOADROOT on line 185 of "virtueupload.php" in "components/com_virtueupload/"

It looks like there is no CFG_VMUPL_UPLOADROOT and that's why the e-mail was printing it.

aka007ii

• Beginner
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2006, 07:14:26 am »
Hehe no problem :)
The order-id will only be set when uploading through the customer-account. (A dropdow-list with the orders appears)
Althought the order id remains 0, you can turn on "auto-retrieve" in the configuration. So you know the user at least.

Wondering if there is a fix for order ID showing in the email as 0? It shows the ID number in the admin area. I'd like to fix the emails but for now will just remove that print out for now since it does nothing.

Thanks

cbs48

• Beginner
    • www.deblikvangers.nl
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2006, 09:27:36 am »
Hello,

thanks for this component. My Question is, is it also possible to upload 13 images per order?
http://www.deblikvangers.nl
Joomla! 1.0.12 Stable [ Sunfire [eCommerce Edition] ] 25 December 2006
Virtuemart 1.0.12 with Joseph Kwan's XLS file upload hack

eaxs

« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2006, 10:33:05 am »
Hi cbs48,

Yes it is possible. Just set the spam-prtoection to 0 and you can upload as many files you want.

Greetings,
Tobias

redlens

• Beginner
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2006, 07:56:28 am »
EAXS thanks a million This Component works GREAT...I had no problems at all. Setup in 2 minutes.

THANKS AGAIN! It's very well done on the backend as well.

kmaster

• Beginner
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2006, 07:58:04 am »
Hi,
I installed the component without problem.
I also created the link of the menu, it also works. perfect...
But, as I do to include the uploading option in a product? I am not understanding as doing...
Would anybody be able to mostar some site with the installed componet and working?

Thank you for any help!

Cheers

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment cleanup by admin]

eaxs

« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2006, 15:30:50 pm »
Hi kmaster!

I haven't seen a site using my component, but I think I can explain you how it works.

To get the order id, you have 2 possibilities:

1. The user must be logged in and upload the file from his virtuemart account-panel.
    (A dropdownlist with with his orders appears)

2. The user must be logged in and upload from Virtueupload
    (create a link in your menu like: index.php?option=com_virtueupload)

- You get a warning (the user had no virtuemart session), if he did not upload from a virtuemart-page. thats all.

The best thing would be, to write a hint for your customers, that they can upload their files from their account-panel, after they've made the purchase.

Good luck,
Tobias

ronwaste

• Beginner
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2006, 08:53:39 am »
Hey eaxs, kannste dich noch an mich erinnern... naja wie auch immer ich nutze die componente mit joomla 1.0.10 ohne den virtuemart, ich realisiere gerade eine druckereihomepage ( kein shop)

bei der installation der componente meckert er, dass das format bei cdate falsch sei...
und wenn das dann geändert ist, kann man zwar hochladen, aber es wird nicht im backend aufgezeigt. zwar bekommt man eine mail aber, im backend in der tabelle istv nichts drinnen

JJM

• Beginner
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2006, 18:08:01 pm »
I also have problems installing the VirtueUpload at my webspace, because my provider use the SQL 5 database. Everything works fine on other sites I build that use a SQL earlier then 5. Is there a chance to make it work or when will be a fix be availible (1.0.1) that includes an installation-procedure for SQL 5.

I and lots of my customers can't live without this great little tool! ;D

Best regards

Joerg

Zappu

• Beginner
    • Joomla Media Design
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2006, 16:21:37 pm »
Just wondering if anybody has found a solution that the files which are uploaded via virtueupload could appear automatically within the VM-Shop and the user will be the retailer of this product within the shop. Also he could set the price etc. of the edigi product he has uploaded by himself. Would this be possible?

rancoura

• Beginner
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2006, 08:54:44 am »
Hey eaxs, great component!

In response to post #55 and #84 regarding mySQL 5...  change the sql in your XML:

Code: [Select]
`cdate` int(11) NOT NULL default '',to
`cdate` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
and you are in business!

Silver

• Beginner
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2006, 17:15:46 pm »
Just wondering if anybody has found a solution that the files which are uploaded via virtueupload could appear automatically within the VM-Shop and the user will be the retailer of this product within the shop. Also he could set the price etc. of the edigi product he has uploaded by himself. Would this be possible?

interested too

and...i get an error on a fresh install (joomla 1.0.11 and virtuemart 1.0.7) on admin panel

Notice: Undefined variable: option in ...\administrator\components\com_virtueupload\admin.virtueupload.php on line 76
and in configuration

Notice: Use of undefined constant About - assumed 'About' in ...\administrator\components\com_virtueupload\admin.virtueupload.html.php on line 460

doggy4s

• Beginner
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2006, 15:41:01 pm »
HI

Maybe I miss a little point .
did the little hack so upload is in the flypage of product , get the message but there is no order related to it ( makes sence as one uploads even before it is added to cart etc)

please what am I doing wrong ( or not seeing ) ?

thanks

doggy4s

• Beginner
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2006, 17:30:20 pm »
thanks for responding

I actually do want them to be able to upload a file with an order.
at what stage ( and where) would be the best point to do this ? ( so also where does one put in the link) to  make it logical for the user

I am trying to get as close as possible to his request :
 http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=71&topic=23816.0

thank you