Author Topic: VirtueUpload 1.0.0 - upload component for VM  (Read 217804 times)

UWiX

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
  • Beginner
    • UWiX
  • VirtueMart Version: 3.x
Re: Customer can upload files
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2006, 00:32:04 am »
Well, I'm not thinkin' on such a difficult level.... The browse field and upload button work on the final order screen (can't name the proper description just now) but all I have to do is move them to the last confirm order page.

It doesn't have to be attached to every different product. So I guess it shouldn't be too hard to do... (atleast, that's what I hope for  ::) ) ...

Thanx for your advice, I'll be sure to use them.

-- Beam me up Scotty! This isn't the mens room!
-- Using VirtueMart 3.x

deneb

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2006, 02:03:43 am »
Hey eaxs! Great add-on idea!

I have only one small issue though: It does not work for me. :D

Maybe I did not install correctly?

Here is my story...

I have installed BETA version according to the tutorial on page 1. I get the admin config tab. It saves settings to the config file ok.

I get the upload form on an order in Account Maintenence...(but ALL the orders have the upload form if a user has multiple orders placed...I know you're still working on a method to have the product specific upload feature.)

When I test the upload, with a file that conforms to my settings, it always gives the error:
You must provide a file!

looking at the code, the IF statement:
Code: [Select]
if($data_tmp_name) {
....code chunk removed...
}
else { // Warning:the user must provide a file, reset the page
            echo "<script>window.history.go(-1);alert(\"You must provide a file!\");</script>";
}

i commented out to test and it creates folders but does not store file

any suggestions?

eaxs

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2006, 08:54:58 am »
Hmmm... i know what you mean but cant find a code problem  :(
maybe you could test the hack on your local machine with the same upload settings
and see if it works... let me know  ::)

- I´m still working on a stable release. maybe it comes out this weekend, but not sure.

UWiX

• Beginner
    • UWiX
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2006, 09:49:44 am »
Hey Deneb,

Have the same problem when the code is added. I noticed this error appears when you use the browse button on the first order only! The second order uploads the file with no problem. The fourth or the fifth gives the same error again.

And I only tested it locally - so you don't have to do that anymore. I'll see if I can figure out something one of these days. Than I'll post it here! Or.... eaxs releases a stable version and the problem could be solved than ;)
-- Using VirtueMart 3.x

eaxs

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2006, 10:45:52 am »
I´m on it  ;D

eaxs

VirtueUpload 1.0.0 RC1
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2006, 01:46:46 am »
VirtueUpload 1.0.0 RC1

Lots of things changed....
started as a small hack, it is now an independant component, which works hand in hand with VirtueMart!

Some Features:

- Language support: english, german ( type english.php or german.php in the config)
- Uploads are logged into a database table
- Choose who can upload (Everyone, or a specific shopper group)
- Users can leave a comment on the uploaded file
- Show current upload-status to the user
- Inform admin when a new file is uploaded
- Let shopper upload during the checkout-process! ( for Details check the VirtueUpload-configuration )

Installation and usage:

Install it just like every other component. Then make sure the config file is writable.
File-location: administrator/components/com_virtueupload/admin.virtueupload.cfg.php

Create a new component-link in your prefered joomla menu and/or use the little hack as described in the VirtueUpload Config. That's it!

But remember: This component is not a stable release, so there might be some bugs and other crappy things.
Feel free to report any error or trouble with VirtueUpload.

Thanks!

Oh...before I forget, here´s the link  ;D

http://www.eaxs.de/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=23&Itemid=37

deneb

Re: Customer can upload files - VirtueUpload 1.0.0 RC1
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2006, 03:48:37 am »
Allow me to be the first to chime in on this latest component...

:o eaxs, you are huge...larger than life! This component is great! I have a great use for this component.  :D

MY COMMENTS:
-------------------------
other than some layout and usability issues, the component seems to work. It installs nice and easy via the Joomla  component installer. It is self contained, so I can remove at will without trouble or affecting VM files.

The only real issue: where to put the code for the VirtueUpload popup-form link? :-\
I put in the flypage template as suggested, and this works great.
Also, link is always in the product flypage; it may or may not work depending on the access level admin specifies (could add logic to detect user level or logged status to activate the link.) Also, customer may not find it and use it or it may be confusing to them.

Now, I know you can set access level...but maybe this is not the best place to put the code. I liked it better on the Order list in the Account Maintenance page...or maybe in the payment extra info code (but this may have issues with PayPal.) But there are pros/cons for everything right? I'm sure you thought of this...that is why you provide code snip and tell us to put it where ever we want? It's difficult to have a stand-alone component that works so closely with another component.

I liked the way you had it before in the BETA version where the uploaded file was placed in a subfolder of the download root named for the order_id. But this is not necessary.

SMALL BUG:
-----------------
The comment link in the list is popping two (2) windows; one with the comment, then one with the admin list. :(

Great job though! I like it.  :-*

I'll wait for others to try it out and comment on location for the link...

eaxs

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2006, 11:13:28 am »
eaxs, you are huge...larger than life! This component is great! I have a great use for this component.
:D

layout and usability issues
I know, main goal of this version was to get the main functions working. So I havent spend too much time on the layout.

The only real issue: where to put the code for the VirtueUpload popup-form link?
put it whereever you want...its just a link. nothing else  :D

I liked it better on the Order list in the Account Maintenance page

Insert a new "tmp_cell" in ps_order between line 560-570<- this is where the orders are listet. :
$tmp_cell .= "<a href=\"#\" onclick=\"window.open('index2.php?option=com_virtueupload&task=show_form&pop=1','win2','status=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,titlebar=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,width=300,height=300,directories=no,location=no');\">Upload a file</a>";
I'm sure you thought of this...that is why you provide code snip and tell us to put it where ever we want?
The code snippet creates a js popup to the component... you may modify and insert the code where ever you want. You can also assign the popup to an existing button. It would look like this:
<input onclick="window.open('index2.php?option=com_virtueupload&task=show_form&pop=1','win2',
'status=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,titlebar=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,width=300,height=300,directories=no,location=no');">

The comment link in the list is popping two (2) windows
- No sleep  ::)

Great job though! I like it.
Thanks.

I´ll keep the work up on this :)

UWiX

• Beginner
    • UWiX
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2006, 20:54:22 pm »
This is a nice one! Great piece of programming EAXS! I like it. It works just fine.

I want to implement it onto an order page as an extra "field". So the uploaded file is the order itself. Think it's a lot of programming? Should I even bother to try it? Or is a few weeks work?
-- Using VirtueMart 3.x

eaxs

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2006, 21:12:41 pm »
If you want the upload form directly in your flypage just like an extrafield, you must hack very deep into the shop, i guess.
But there must be another way for this. I´ll try to implent this feature in the stable release...
shouldn´t be impossible  ;)

By the way, i´m looking for some help in translating the language files (exept german and english).

UWiX

• Beginner
    • UWiX
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2006, 21:25:52 pm »
Wow, that's what I call service - what a fast respons  ;D
Wanna share your thoughts about "the other way" of implement it into the flypage? I'm curious....

Oh yeah, at the road (by the way) - attached is the dutch translation for the language file....

[attachment cleanup by admin]
-- Using VirtueMart 3.x

UWiX

• Beginner
    • UWiX
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2006, 21:38:02 pm »
An idea for the stable release?

* The administrator or special user can view the uploaded files via the Front End.
* Automaticly generating an unique order number instead of letting the user select an existing one.

If ya need help -  I could take a shot ;)
-- Using VirtueMart 3.x

eaxs

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2006, 21:38:55 pm »
Wow, that's what I call service - what a fast respons
I´m almost 24/7  O_o nline  :D

I have 2 ideas in mind how to do this:

1. check the current url-string. When the "flypage" is found, let VirtueUpload replace a custom tag like {upload} in the flypage

2. I create a class which extends the virtuemart class "ps_product", or simply enter a small code snippet in shop.product_details.php, which includes VirtueUpload.

We´ll see which of these ideas work  :)

And Thanks for the translation!
Maybe I could use your help again when stable version is released  ;)

* The administrator or special user can view the uploaded files via the Front End.
* Automaticly generating an unique order number instead of letting the user select an existing one.

Good idea - will be implentet in stable release ( will be editable in the config )  ::)

UWiX

• Beginner
    • UWiX
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2006, 00:28:30 am »
Another suggestion for the final release:

* settings in the admin-panel (back-end), how many files a user can upload (more than one, that is)
* the more files that can be uploaded, the more upload browse buttons there are...

I can't wait to test the final release with all the nice new options in it! Keep up the good work!
-- Using VirtueMart 3.x

deneb

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2006, 01:32:19 am »
Another suggestion for the final release:

* settings in the admin-panel (back-end), how many files a user can upload (more than one, that is)
* the more files that can be uploaded, the more upload browse buttons there are...

I can't wait to test the final release with all the nice new options in it! Keep up the good work!

a user can already upload multiple files, but may not be obvious to them.