Author Topic: VirtueUpload 1.0.0 - upload component for VM  (Read 197063 times)

UWiX

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
  • Beginner
    • UWiX
  • VirtueMart Version: 3.x
Re: VirtueUpload 1.0.0 - upload component for VM
« Reply #165 on: March 12, 2008, 01:04:32 am »
Do you have an example of it online? The description should work - even with version 1.0.0 of VirtueUpload.

Maybe some screenshots? In the uploadlist the description isn't displayed, only when selecting one of the uploaded files (but I think you've already noticed that ;D ).
Or could you post the code of the template file you are using to upload? Should be a file something like pop.vu.php or checkout.vu.php. Just to check if the input is generated allright.

Oh...eh... my mistake - you cannot upload from the backend - not without the hack, that is. Sorry.

-- Beam me up Scotty! This isn't the mens room!
-- Using VirtueMart 3.x

webcentred

• Beginner
    • Web Centred Consultants
« Reply #166 on: March 12, 2008, 07:37:38 am »
Hi Pisu, thanks for your good work.

I am hoping that this will meet the needs of my client, however the one that I downloaded from your post on p13 of this thread is in Spanish? Is there somewhere when I can get an English translation for this component, but with your hacks included?

webcentred

• Beginner
    • Web Centred Consultants
« Reply #167 on: March 12, 2008, 07:58:15 am »
aha! didn't look hard enough :)

Hans

• Beginner
« Reply #168 on: March 13, 2008, 16:56:21 pm »

UWiX

• Beginner
    • UWiX
« Reply #169 on: March 13, 2008, 21:31:12 pm »
I want to 'build' the virtueupload in a flypage of my shop.

How can i do this?

I don't think this is right:
http://city.dewijsjes.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage2&product_id=493&category_id=69&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=89

Hi Hans,

I'm working on that as we speak. Need it for a project I'm running. It uses a lot of hacks but I hope to write an easy PHP class so it shouldn't be hard to implement in existing sites.
I'll post here or on a new thread when I've finished the final product.

Greetz, WebSnooky.
-- Using VirtueMart 3.x

Hans

• Beginner
« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2008, 10:14:16 am »
Hi Websnooky, thanks for the reply.

When you look at the URL i gave, you'll see it works right now.

The config of VU gave me the solution (i didn't read it before):

This code will show the upload form directly in your flypage/product details.
Instructions: Insert the code at the end of shop.product_details(administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html)
BETWEEN /** NOW LET'S BEGIN AND FILL THE TEMPLATE **/
AND /* Finish and Print out the Page */
Then open your flypage and add {vu_form} somewhere.

Code:
Code: [Select]
if (file_exists ($mosConfig_absolute_path. "/components/com_virtueupload/virtueupload.php")) { require_once ($mosConfig_absolute_path. "/components/com_virtueupload/virtueupload.php");  $vu = new html_virtueupload; $template = str_replace( "{vu_form}", $vu->show_form(), $template );}

Syn

• Beginner
« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2008, 01:25:26 am »
EDIT:  Nevermind, figured out the problem.  It's already implemented and the code works fine.

sino

• Beginner
« Reply #172 on: April 11, 2008, 07:50:35 am »
Hey guys, is there a joomla 1.5 version for VirtueUpload?

Thanks
Sino

ted.nyman

« Reply #173 on: April 11, 2008, 10:06:12 am »
aha! didn't look hard enough :)
ANother prime example of finding an ANSWER and then not SHARING the INFO....

Please post your solution...

ted.nyman

« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2008, 23:36:45 pm »
Hi all,
I have installed this fantastic component as it was just what I needed, the install went very well and it was simple to change to english.
However, the attach file button is still Italian and I just can't find the button or code to change it.  It's the same in front and backends.  In addition to this, when multipul files are uploaded, another Italian word appears (I should have written it down) just above the attached file list.  I can't find this one either.
I have copied in the view source script...  Can anyone point me in the right direction.
<input type="button" class="button" value="Carica un File" onclick="window.open('../index2.php?option=com_virtueupload&task=show_form&pop=1&order_id=12','win2','status=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,titlebar=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,width=450,height=260,directories=no,location=no');" />
  </td>
</tr>
Many thanks.....  Mal

Mal - I too have done the install and am very happy to provide the ability for customers, and ADMIN to upload files to an order. I also see the "Carica Un File" on my button - this translated in Italian means:

In English:
it loads rows

I have found the source code here:  /components/com_virtueupload/html/ and

/administrator/components/com_virtueupload/html

account.order_details.php
order.order_print.php

These 2 files reference the Italian words - and I changed mine to read UPLOAD FILES  as seen here...(order_print)

<input type="button" class="button" value="UPLOAD FILES" onclick="window.open('../index2.php?option=com_virtueupload&task=show_form&pop=1&order_id=<?php echo $order_id?>','win2','status=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,titlebar=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,width=450,height=260,directories=no,location=no');" />

I was hoping this would fix the problem, but I have run 2 test orders and each of them is still showing the "Carica un file" text.

Anyone with more advanced knowledge of php and how VM posts order detalis could chime in here - help is appreciated...

jan suhr

« Reply #175 on: April 16, 2008, 10:02:22 am »
Has anyone been able to include the Upload button on the "checkout.confirm.php" page.

I think it would be more logical to have it there.

I have tried with the hacks provided in the configpages but couldn't get it to work.

Thanks

Jan Suhr
Stockholm, Sweden
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Stockholm, Sweden

Richard Montgomery

• Beginner
« Reply #176 on: April 22, 2008, 09:40:17 am »
Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but this is my first time with Joomla and virtuemart.

I have installed this component. I am using Joomla 1.0.15 and Virtuemart 1.0.

How do I add the upload facility as an attribute to a particular product? Some of the products on the site don't need the facility to upload, but some do.

I've tried to run an order all the way through but don't get the ability to upload a file. If I add the hack to the account maintenance page I can upload files, but it doesn't include an order number.

My ideal would be to be able to add it as an attribute for some of the products, or to have the upload after the order has been placed.

Please help - loosing sleep and my hair!!

Thanks

UWiX

• Beginner
    • UWiX
« Reply #177 on: April 22, 2008, 10:51:12 am »
Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but this is my first time with Joomla and virtuemart.

I have installed this component. I am using Joomla 1.0.15 and Virtuemart 1.0.

How do I add the upload facility as an attribute to a particular product? Some of the products on the site don't need the facility to upload, but some do.

I've tried to run an order all the way through but don't get the ability to upload a file. If I add the hack to the account maintenance page I can upload files, but it doesn't include an order number.

My ideal would be to be able to add it as an attribute for some of the products, or to have the upload after the order has been placed.

Please help - loosing sleep and my hair!!

Thanks

Hi Richard,

The upload component  isn't ready as an attribute for different products. You'll have to hack into it... There is no ordernr attachted to the uploaded file cause this also isn't implemented into this module.

I had the same problem with my current project; had to hack the component and other VM files. I hope to release the hack(s) fully explained when this project is finished. I want to share it - 'cause a lot of folks need it! Will try to implement it into a component but VM file hacks cannot be bypassed.

Sorry I can't make you happy at this moment - just grab a couple off beers before goin' to sleep - it might help  ;D

Greetz, Websnooky.
-- Using VirtueMart 3.x

Richard Montgomery

• Beginner
« Reply #178 on: April 22, 2008, 11:01:02 am »
Snook

Any idea when that will be released?

Thanks for the guidance. Prefer wine though.

UWiX

• Beginner
    • UWiX
« Reply #179 on: April 22, 2008, 11:16:15 am »
Well, not very soon... I'm in the middle of this project and it will take me some time to finish it (couple of months I'm affraid).
Maybe if I got some spare time in the next following weeks I'll give it a shot....

Greetz, SnookyWeb
-- Using VirtueMart 3.x