Author Topic: VirtueUpload 1.0.0 - upload component for VM  (Read 197059 times)

Raphaell

• Beginner
Re: VirtueUpload 1.0.0 - upload component for VM
« Reply #180 on: May 30, 2008, 20:56:42 pm »
Hi all,
i have actually a e-commerce website based on ecommercetemplate.co.uk i want to change to joomla and use VirtueUpload but i have a error with the installation of the coponent.

* JInstaller::install: There is already a folder called '/users/5/web/00/00/49/36/01/printonline/administrator/components/com_virtueupload/'

Joomla 1.5.3 and 1.0.12 do the same error

Can someone help me to solve this problem ?
Thanks

nobesnickr

• Beginner
« Reply #181 on: June 18, 2008, 20:38:12 pm »
I get the same error as above. Does anyone have any suggestions?

nobesnickr

• Beginner
« Reply #182 on: June 19, 2008, 00:48:21 am »
It appears there is a problem with the xml file specifically under the <installfile> tag. There is an extra <filename> tag which i removed and it seems to have installed just fine.

I put a fixed version on my site available for download at
http://eboncomm.com/download/com_virtueupload.zip

jan suhr

« Reply #183 on: June 27, 2008, 12:22:56 pm »
Anyone done any hacks to get VirtueUpload to work with VM 1.1?

Jan

Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Stockholm, Sweden

Happy

• Beginner
« Reply #184 on: July 02, 2008, 00:41:15 am »
It appears there is a problem with the xml file specifically under the <installfile> tag. There is an extra <filename> tag which i removed and it seems to have installed just fine.

I put a fixed version on my site available for download at
http://eboncomm.com/download/com_virtueupload.zip

Can't download from the link above ??? Please Help!!!!
OH, by the way, which VirtueMart version should I use for this component? I am using Virtuemart v1.0.12 and Joomla v1.0.12, I tried to install the com_virtueupload_110-14.zip, but did not know how to make it work, can anyone help? Thank you very much.

jan suhr

« Reply #185 on: July 02, 2008, 07:53:34 am »
Anyone done any hacks to get VirtueUpload to work with VM 1.1?
Jan

Well, I did.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=42373.0

Jan

Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Stockholm, Sweden

avwds

• Beginner
VirtueUpload for VM 1.1.1?
« Reply #186 on: July 07, 2008, 08:30:06 am »
I have looked all over and can not find anything so if it is here I am blind and please forgive me. I am looking for VirtueUpload for VM1.1.1, does it exist? I run Joomla 1.5.3 and VM1.1.1 and honestly I was going to run a wrapper page with my uploads for my clients but this seems to be what I was looking for all along. I have tried the makers site at VMitalia and could locate nothing. This is honestly a nice addition to VM if I can find it for 1.1.1. Please if anyone knows whther it does exist somewhere if you could please let me know, or I will have to re-run my VM installation since the version of VirtueUpload screwed up my storefront.

Thank You in advanced for anyone and alls help.
 :)

jan suhr

« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2008, 12:59:34 pm »
In the link above I explained how you should change the VirtueUpload so that it works for VM1.1.

It is just a few simple hacks.

Jan

Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Stockholm, Sweden

RedLight Traitor

• Hooray for Joomla!
    • Los Angeles Joomla Website Development and SEO Services
« Reply #188 on: July 15, 2008, 13:01:21 pm »
and how do you get the virtueupload file? there's been so many links and many of them don't work
www.shopknowlabel.com
www.chickarita.org
www.coverplayard.com

If I can be of any assistance to you, please don't  hesitate to skype me at "redlighttraitor" Thanks for all who have helped me! - Johnny
Joomla Website Development and Los Angeles SEO Services
www.redlightfusion.com

jan suhr

« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2008, 19:36:38 pm »
OK, I let you get it from my site:

Virtue Upload 1.10

Jan
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Stockholm, Sweden

avwds

• Beginner
« Reply #190 on: July 27, 2008, 12:49:43 pm »
jan,

Thanks for your reply. Got it. I just need to re do the language and im set. Thnk you very much.

;D

Oasis

• Beginner
« Reply #191 on: August 01, 2008, 12:55:42 pm »
Hello!

I tried to install the VU with the component-installer in Joomla 1.0.15 with VM 1.1.1 but it didn't work. I got the message:

Upload component - Upload Failed
ERROR: Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.
[ Continue ... ]
Upload component - Failed
Installation file not found:
/www/htdocs/XXX/media/install_4892e9191f5ec/com_virtueupload_110-14/
[ Continue ... ]

So what's the problem here? In the file is an xml.

Can someone help me please, I need this comp to run my shop? Or is there a better combination of VM and VU versions?

cruciblethorn

• Beginner
« Reply #192 on: August 03, 2008, 01:12:18 am »
Got the component working with Joomla 1.5 and VM 1.1 but, and please correct me if I'm wrong, from what I've read there is a way to put the VU component into the VM admin config. Anyone have the code for this or the account maintenance hack?

I'm also having problems with the Save button in the component area so I can't change any of the settings except through the vu config file and they don't work properly all the time. I cannot get the shopper group set properly so the default is the only one that works. Any ideas here? If I could just put the VU settings into VM then I could care less if the options are working in the joomla component area.

Maartenen11

• Beginner
« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2008, 21:02:45 pm »
Got the component working with Joomla 1.5 and VM 1.1 but, and please correct me if I'm wrong, from what I've read there is a way to put the VU component into the VM admin config. Anyone have the code for this or the account maintenance hack?
I'm also having problems with the Save button in the component area so I can't change any of the settings except through the vu config file and they don't work properly all the time. I cannot get the shopper group set properly so the default is the only one that works. Any ideas here? If I could just put the VU settings into VM then I could care less if the options are working in the joomla component area.
Hi,

I'm running Joomla 1.5.6 and Virtuemart 1.1.2 and I want to use VirtueUpload 1.0.0 - upload component for VM. Could you be so kind to share your results with us? You are saying you got it get to work with j 1.5 and VM 1.1? Is it diffirent than the hacks explained before?
Thx in advance.

kavaXtreme

• Beginner
    • siteCoffee - Custom Joomla Templates
« Reply #194 on: September 17, 2008, 01:36:36 am »
I'd also like to get my hands on a Joomla 1.5.x version. If anyone has a copy they could attach here, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one who would appreciate it.  ;)