News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product description changes after sale is made

Started by Twototango, April 03, 2020, 10:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twototango

I came across something very strange in my clients VM shop.
Whenever an article is sold, the description for that article is changed.

The description as is should be (and how it is entered initialy):

<h4 class="uk-margin-bottom-small">SWAROVSKI</h4>Swarovski, need we say more... Camps & Camps uses many of the wonderfully coloured facetted crystals from Swarovski. The shapes, colours and effects tune in to the seasonal trends. Let yourself sparkle!

The description after this article has a sale:

<p>SWAROVSKI Swarovski, need we say more... Camps & Camps uses many of the wonderfully coloured facetted crystals from Swarovski. The shapes, colours and effects tune in to the seasonal trends. Let yourself sparkle!</p>

Notice the adding of the P tags and stripping of the H4 tags.

I can't figure out what is causing this. Did anyone notice this in their install and found a solution?
Thanks for helping me out, kinda stuck on this one...

Jack

J3.9.15 + VM3.4.3 10031

Jörgen

??

Do You mean that the product description on the website changes after a sale ?

This is NOT standards VM behavior, if the checkout makes this edit You have some strange update of Your products. Du You import product via cron jobs ? Some unusual template or plugin ?

More likely it would be your editor that strips H4 tags and inserts <p>. Has the product been edited near the time of sale ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Twototango

Thank you Jörgen,

I use CSVI to import my products, that workes fine for other shops, all products and texts are imported just as they are setup in the CSV file.

According to my client the products are not edited after a sale is made, but I suspect you maybe on to something there ;-)
Especially if the editor turns out to be the culprit.

I will ask my client in more detail (maybe their idea of 'and edit' is not the same as mine)
Will turn of the editor for now, let's see if that changes something in this behaviour

Jack

Jörgen

OK, sounds that this is worth investigating.

Hope You find the issue.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.