News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

empty cart

Started by marvays, April 04, 2020, 07:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marvays

Please help me.
For some reason, at one shop constantly angry cart. Sometimes all items disappear from the cart. Other times, only some will disappear. I have caching turned off. But that didn't help.
The only thing I can think of is that I have an old version of VM. . . specifically VirtueMart 3.4.2

customers write for example:
I put the goods into the basket, then I do something else and when I want to return to it the basket is empty and I have to start new. For other sites, your cart will remain saved even if I turn off my computer and can return to it at any time.

Jörgen

It sounds like conflict with www.sitename and sitename without www. Do You have a good .htaccess redirect to either sitename or www.sitename ? Opening sessions, cart is stored in session, with different URL gives different sessions and next visit to the site shows an empty basket.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

marvays

I have sh404sef and setup this always without www.

marvays

I'm sorry. I didn't give the address. Web is here: https://lukysipy.cz

Jörgen

QuoteI have sh404sef and setup this always without www.

Apparently not ....
Quotehttps://www.lukysipy.cz/lazecky-junak-reflexni-luk-60

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

marvays

I am sorry. Always with www  ::)

Jörgen

Test without sef and see.

Jörgen @ kreativ fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

marvays

Quote from: Jörgen on April 05, 2020, 08:13:27 AM
Test without sef and see.

Jörgen @ kreativ fotografi

Without sef? You thing without sh404sef, or disable all sef?
Can there be a problem with the cart extension side? I use Rupostel. I am considering buying VP One Page Checkout.

AH

So you tell us that you use a third party cart plugin.

Please seek advice directly from the developer of the plugin - he is very helpful and should be able to guide you.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

pinochico

QuoteCan there be a problem with the cart extension side? I use Rupostel

I don't think so Martin.
We use Rupostel too and as I sad on joomlaportal.cz - we have the same eshop with VM 3.4.2 and Rupostel OPC and PHP version and non-caching and SEF app and we haven't any problem with minicart or cart.
Change to VP One Page Checkout is not right way :)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

marvays

Okay. But today the problem again. The customer calls that he cannot put more items into the cart than save products. I immediately try it and I have no problem.

I'm doing desperate experiments. Removing AddThis. I'm considering installing JQeasy. I'm considering making a template again (maybe I got a mistake there).

But I'm sure to cancel SH404Sef and use Artion JomSef.

AH

why turn off one plugin only to replace it with another - just go to a minimal plugin setup and work your way up from there
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

marvays

Quote from: AH on April 08, 2020, 10:53:12 AM
why turn off one plugin only to replace it with another - just go to a minimal plugin setup and work your way up from there
I don't have any unnecessary plugins on my site. In addition, I have several similar sites. I use the same extension. But the problem is only here.

But I have an outdated "Custom Filter from Breakdesign", can not cause problems he?

Jörgen

Custum filter uses Mootools, this mixed with Jquery is Always a liability
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

AH

I dont know about your particular site - if you do not want to try what I have suggested - I do not have the time to show an interest in your particular problems
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0