News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Looking for a way to show all discounted product in a page

Started by Melmoi, March 27, 2020, 19:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melmoi

Hello,
I wonder if it exists but I am a looking for an extension to show all discounted items in a page.
Thank you

balai

I don't think that there is any that does it straight away.

Though you can use Custom Filters to get your products by specific attribute.
You can assign a custom field to your discounted products (e.g with the value "On Discount") and then get your products based on that criteria.
You can also get the generated url to create a menu item, to display them from your menu.

Studio 42

https://shop.st42.fr/en/products/products-any-ways.htm can display featured products.
I can perhaps add a filter, but how you discount products ?

Melmoi

thanks for your answers !
It is 10 years I have my e-commerce on virtuemart, still looking for something to do this :)

I join a screen of how I discount items.

jenkinhill

You can set up a category for discounted items and add those items with a discount to the new category as well as their normal category (products can be assigned to more than one category). Then use a menu item to display only the discounted category.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Studio 42

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 28, 2020, 12:47:07 PM
You can set up a category for discounted items and add those items with a discount to the new category as well as their normal category (products can be assigned to more than one category). Then use a menu item to display only the discounted category.

This is a nice way if you use discount rules.
I have many customer using Vm Be pro for that.
But it's hard to manage when you manually add discount with price overrides.