News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

package missing file vm-bs3-common.css

Started by fire47, March 25, 2020, 18:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fire47

fire47

StefanSTS

Do you have a bootstrap 3 Template that need the setting in VirtueMart configuration?

I would suggest to set that setting back to default.

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

fire47

Quote from: StefanSTS on March 25, 2020, 19:19:19 PM
Do you have a bootstrap 3 Template that need the setting in VirtueMart configuration?

I would suggest to set that setting back to default.

Not sure what you mean. I've tried using Protostar template and it does the same thing. SOMETHING is calling for that CSS file.

StefanSTS

There is a setting in VirtueMart config, tab 4.
It is called Layout Bootstrap version. Set that to None (Use Legacy).

The only setting that works properly because it's some beta stuff that should not be in there. At least in my humble opinion.

--
Stefan Schumacher

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

fire47

Quote from: StefanSTS on March 25, 2020, 19:31:48 PM
There is a setting in VirtueMart config, tab 4.
It is called Layout Bootstrap version. Set that to None (Use Legacy).

The only setting that works properly because it's some beta stuff that should not be in there. At least in my humble opinion.

So basically what you are saying is that VM only supports BS4, even though they have put in options for BS2 and BS3?

StefanSTS

What I am saying is that VirtueMart already supports BS2, BS3 and BS4 if the template supports it.

So if you keep everything on Legacy settings, the bootstrap layout settings do not mess with your template and everything works out.

The good working VM templates on BS2 or BS3 all work well if the setting is not touched.

I asked on some occasions to move that setting into the hidden config until this is properly done and tested, but it looks like the opinions are different.

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher