News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

how do I set up the order confirmation email

Started by DiGwork, May 06, 2020, 18:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiGwork

How do I set up the order confirmation email that should be sent to shop admin so that they can action the delivery.
I am not using a Virtuemart template for the website.

I might add that I am a total novas when it comes to Virtuemart and i am pretty much struggling around here.  So any help will be greatly appreciated!  :)

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

DiGwork

I have already done that but it is not sending email after order has been placed.
I want to know how to get it to send and how to check what it looks like?

jenkinhill

What is the order status set by your payment plugin? eg if "confirmed" and you have "Default Order Status to send email to vendor" set to "confirmed" on VM Configuration/Orders then an email should be sent.

Are emails working if you use the Ask a question form?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

DiGwork

Yup is set up correctly I think take a look at screen capture of settings.

jenkinhill

You need to check the order status on the VM orders list.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

pinochico

QuoteYup is set up correctly I think take a look at screen capture of settings.

Wrong setup place, you must check setup email sending by order statuses - administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=config, TAB ORDERS
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

DiGwork

Quote from: pinochico on May 07, 2020, 12:39:10 PM
QuoteYup is set up correctly I think take a look at screen capture of settings.

Wrong setup place, you must check setup email sending by order statuses - administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=config, TAB ORDERS

Yup already checked everything is set up just like that.

Jörgen

If you change status manually to confirmed what happens then ?
Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

DiGwork

Quote from: Jörgen on May 07, 2020, 16:03:10 PM
If you change status manually to confirmed what happens then ?
You mean in the orders list? OK just done and updated the settings.....      .....wow that worked! Only sent to the other address I entered in "Additional vendor email addresses" and not the shop email / website email address, but that is OK there is only one vendor the shop. So I will just place the shop address in there.

OK so to recap it doesn't work in Sandbox environment because the order doesn't get confirmed when testing in sandbox mode.. Might be a good idea to let everyone know that But hey YAY it is working!

Thanks for the assist  Jörgen and the prompt replies. Much appreciated!

AH

OK so to recap it doesn't work in Sandbox environment because the order doesn't get confirmed when testing in sandbox mode.. Might be a good idea to let everyone know that But hey YAY it is working!

That really depends on how you have your "sandbox" setup

Looks like you were using PayPal?

PayPal will send and payment IPN message - that has to be able to get routed to your test environment for "auto" updating

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

DiGwork

Quote from: AH on May 07, 2020, 17:03:44 PM

That really depends on how you have your "sandbox" setup

Looks like you were using PayPal?

PayPal will send and payment IPN message - that has to be able to get routed to your test environment for "auto" updating
No not using Paypal I am using Payfast.

Jörgen

Nice to hear that you have a working solution.
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.