News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Custom field override

Started by Teejay, March 09, 2020, 14:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teejay

Using VM3.6.10 with Joomla 3.9.15, for a multi-lingual shop, am trying to create override for product color option, was able to create the size option, with translated corresponding values, when i tried doing the same with color option, the values is not translated, i have created in the custom field color string for the appropriate languages, with corresponding values, however it seems not to be functioning, the language constant is translated, but the corresponding values is not working, what am i doing wrong here?

Studio 42

Is your KEY valid ?
This is for eg a valid Joomla language KEY
MY_KEY
This is not valid
My Key

Teejay

I don't understand what you mean by language key, i created color string in VM custom field with value, and created override for this in language override, all other overrides, like COM_VIRTUEMART_TAX is working, is this not the key?I have COM_VIRTUEMART_COLOR_OPTION, as language constant, with values in the custom field, could you please educate me a bit 

Studio 42

COM_VIRTUEMART_COLOR_OPTION should be valid. Is this not translated ?
Note that you should not edit the override file but use the Joomla admin language substitution to do it. One error in the file and it stop to work.

Jörgen

The most efficient remedy is to translate the language key with Joomla Language overrides and use BACK END and tick the box "Use both for back end and front end".

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Teejay

Quote from: Studio 42 on March 09, 2020, 17:20:07 PM
COM_VIRTUEMART_COLOR_OPTION should be valid. Is this not translated ?
Note that you should not edit the override file but use the Joomla admin language substitution to do it. One error in the file and it stop to work.
I did create in language override, translated key in installed languages, with corresponding custom field, including the values, the issue is the language constant has been correctly translated, but the value not, example, Color option is translated to Kleur optie, but the color choice blue, is not translated to blauw, i don't know what to do here, measurement option works fine.
I have created strings for colors in all languages, including corresponding language override for all the string, your update will be very helpful

jjk

Does this help?
https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96758.msg318220#msg318220

For example:
COLOR_RED_VALUE="red"
and then enter into your custom field:
COLOR_RED_VALUE (instead of 'red')
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Teejay

Quote from: Studio 42 on March 09, 2020, 14:54:26 PM
Is your KEY valid ?
This is for eg a valid Joomla language KEY
MY_KEY
This is not valid
My Key
appreciate your suggestion, problem is not single color, the color title has been translate, issue is the drop down option in the frontend is not translate, example is blue;burgundy;brown which is default english values, is not translated to blauw;burgundy;braun, the dutch alternate value, i observed this is a joomla feature, so i have posted this on the joomla forum, hopefully you able to assist with idea