News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Virtuemart 2&3 Products Filtering - Custom Filters

Started by balai, April 09, 2012, 10:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

balai

Quote from: Maxim Pishnyak on July 03, 2013, 14:07:29 PM
But ... Balai you're too modest as developer.

Why you do not say your potential customers that your solution could filter child products?

So for anyone interested in this Custom Filter I'm saying

Thanks for the nice words but the extension has so many features that we are trying to mention only the most basic in order to keep the page simple.
Anyway maybe we will refer that. Thanks

StreamAlex

Hello!

This is extension is great, however i have a question. I want to be able to search from a list of categories, which the categories filter in Custom Filter is great for. However there is no Search field in this extension? I bet its possible to edit the template
to accomplish this, could somone help me please?

Long story short: I want a search feature like the one on Ebay/Amazon where you can Search in categories. Is this possible with this extension?

Thanks!

kgrzybowski

Hi,

do you plan to make it working with search results page? For me the main hit is to have filters on search results - I mean, on your demo page for example this link: http://test3.breakdesigns.net/index.php/component/search/?searchword=aspire&ordering=newest&searchphrase=all

I can see one product found, but filters are related to every possible manufacturer, category and custom fields. Why it isn't related only to search results, so the filters should have only "Screens" category and only "Producer2" manufacturer? If customer will search for a word which will give in search results page lets say a thousand results he would like to filter it by some params for example color or size but instead he has to filter again what he's searching for by choosing category, manufacturer and then color or size etc. Do you get my point?

Best regards,
Chris

balai

We are thinking either to add our own keyword search in the filter or to to develop a new extension just for keyword searching which will collaborate with custom filters.

Actually we have developed a version with its own keyword search which we are supplying it under request

balai

The new version contains a very powerfull Product Search Engine that returns results also with complex queries.

Category and Manufacturer names and even custom fields can be contained in the same phrase. You will get results.
This enhances Virtuemart with a very important functionality.

More info in the Custom Filters page or the Demo page

Pilly57

Quote from: balai on April 09, 2012, 10:49:01 AM
Custom Filters is a suite (component/module) for filtering the products of a VM2 shop.

I bought the paid version a couple of years back and tried installing on Joomla 2.5 & Virtuemart 3 yesterday !

Here's what happened when I tried to open the component ....

500 - An error has occurred.

Unknown column 'vmc.custom_field_desc' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT cf.id AS id,cf.ordering AS ordering,cf.vm_custom_id AS vm_custom_id,cf.alias AS alias,cf.published AS published,cft.type AS disp_type,cf.type_id AS type_id,cf.data_type AS data_type,cf.order_by AS order_by,cf.order_dir AS order_dir,cf.params AS params,vmc.virtuemart_custom_id AS custom_id,vmc.custom_title AS custom_title,vmc.field_type AS field_type,vmc.custom_element AS custom_element,vmc.custom_field_desc AS custom_descr FROM jos_cf_customfields AS cf INNER JOIN jos_virtuemart_customs AS vmc ON cf.vm_custom_id=vmc.virtuemart_custom_id LEFT JOIN jos_cf_filtertypes AS cft ON cf.type_id=cft.id WHERE (cf.published = 0 OR cf.published = 1) ORDER BY cf.ordering ASC Unknown column 'vmc.custom_field_desc' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT cf.id AS id,cf.ordering AS ordering,cf.vm_custom_id AS vm_custom_id,cf.alias AS alias,cf.published AS published,cft.type AS disp_type,cf.type_id AS type_id,cf.data_type AS data_type,cf.order_by AS order_by,cf.order_dir AS order_dir,cf.params AS params,vmc.virtuemart_custom_id AS custom_id,vmc.custom_title AS custom_title,vmc.field_type AS field_type,vmc.custom_element AS custom_element,vmc.custom_field_desc AS custom_descr FROM jos_cf_customfields AS cf INNER JOIN jos_virtuemart_customs AS vmc ON cf.vm_custom_id=vmc.virtuemart_custom_id LEFT JOIN jos_cf_filtertypes AS cft ON cf.type_id=cft.id WHERE (cf.published = 0 OR cf.published = 1) ORDER BY cf.ordering ASC LIMIT 0, 20 Unknown column 'vmc.custom_field_desc' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT cf.id AS id,cf.ordering AS ordering,cf.vm_custom_id AS vm_custom_id,cf.alias AS alias,cf.published AS published,cft.type AS disp_type,cf.type_id AS type_id,cf.data_type AS data_type,cf.order_by AS order_by,cf.order_dir AS order_dir,cf.params AS params,vmc.virtuemart_custom_id AS custom_id,vmc.custom_title AS custom_title,vmc.field_type AS field_type,vmc.custom_element AS custom_element,vmc.custom_field_desc AS custom_descr FROM jos_cf_customfields AS cf INNER JOIN jos_virtuemart_customs AS vmc ON cf.vm_custom_id=vmc.virtuemart_custom_id LEFT JOIN jos_cf_filtertypes AS cft ON cf.type_id=cft.id WHERE (cf.published = 0 OR cf.published = 1) ORDER BY cf.ordering ASC

Return to Control Panel

balai

QuoteI bought the paid version a couple of years back and tried installing on Joomla 2.5 & Virtuemart 3 yesterday !
You replied on your own.  :)

You got a version a couple of years ago and you expect to work now?
VM3 did not even exist the previous year

OriyanJ

Is there a way for me to dynamically show result when I click any check box? like in your demo site? instead using the Search button?
VirtueMart 3.2.2

balai

Yes it is. Please ask that to the support of breakdesigns

caravellifb

Good morning, excuse for my bad english  :(

I'm working in an office where you have an e - commerce website joomla and there is the excellent Custom Filters Pro v. 2.3.1 (12 February 2016).
I read a bit ' of documentation, but I can not find how to edit written in the search boxes .

I have two modules in two parts of the site , in a properly writes "select" and another "no brand" , "no color" (in Italian, is "seleziona", "nessun marca", "nessun colore"
I have not installed the module and I found him on the site (new employee and the site has been done by others) , how do I change the writing in the drop-down search box ?

Thank you and have a nice day  :)

mitka

Help! pls

How to hide or make inactive item "Any category" because when this item is active displays 0 stuff in market. or make active any other category when you are on other pages (out virtuemart)
thx

balai

SUPPORT FOR THAT EXTENSION IS SUPPLIED EXCLUSIVELY BY THE VENDOR OF THE EXTENSION WHICH IS: Breakdesigns.net

Abatap

Hello. Has the free/starter version of this plugin been discontinued because the public downloads section of your website only shows the Stockable Custom Fields plugin?