News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

When can we expect 3.6.12?

Started by MKI-Miro, March 13, 2020, 09:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH

I do see your point that VM could benefit from having some form of loose but visible functional development plan.

Putting out bland statements regarding every tiny fix seems to be some companies idea of progress.  Vm have not adopted such a strategy.

If you are available to invest your time and funds I am sure the VM team would be happy to use your ideas and insight.

But please lose the sarcasm and rudeness first.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

MKI-Miro

I am sorry I dont want to be rude.

So we dont know if new version will be released tomorrow or in two months?
In near future we can expect only compatibility with J4?

StefanSTS

Quote from: MKI-Miro on March 23, 2020, 10:56:15 AM
So we dont know if new version will be released tomorrow or in two months?
No.

Quote from: MKI-Miro on March 23, 2020, 10:56:15 AM
In near future we can expect only compatibility with J4?
J4 compatibility will come when J4 comes, it is already worked on as stated many times before.
Less time the developers have to answer the same questions again and again, the more time they can spend on the code.
Reading and answering is also work, but it stops being useful when the same questions need to be answered again and again.

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

MKI-Miro

One month no activity in repository. How can we know if there will be new version or development stopped?

GJC Web Design

Quotedevelopment stopped?

no -- there is constant dev by Max and testing/discussions etc  on our private Skype group..

But i really wonder what the rush is? What is this lust for 3.6.12? Is it your lucky number?..

Is 3.6.10 not good enough .. if not where is your contribution of ideas etc?
Why not chill out and just accept the new versions as they come trundling along?
I run and support many VM sites for my clients and not one of them keeps asking me when the next up date is... 
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

StefanSTS

Quote from: MKI-Miro on April 06, 2020, 21:26:14 PM
One month no activity in repository.

Maybe you have a cache problem. Did you try F5?

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

AH

Development takes place continuously (looking at the repository is only one indicator.)   FYI I am currently testing 3.6.11 10292

Yes you can expect compatibility with J4 "https://developer.joomla.org/roadmap.html" , significant effort is unlikely to be expended until a date for their stable.  Please feel free to contact their forums and when you have an answer regarding a stable date, post here. When you get their stable - I suggest you fully test J4 on all your sites without VM first.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0