News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Mod virtuemart products not showing suddenly

Started by Kuubs, March 07, 2020, 10:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuubs

Hello,

I've got a very weird problem. Suddenly my mod_virtuemart_products is not showing anymore. I tried almost everything, disabling the overrides, checking the products in the backend, changing languages, but it's not showing up. I can open the product page itself with no problems, but my module is not working. I checked the code and it's also not getting injected into my template itself on the module position. Does anyone has any idea why this suddenly happened? I don't understand it. I have the latest version of Joomla and Virtuemart.

jenkinhill

Assuming the product module is published, has the access level setting been changed?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jörgen

This is most probably a Joomla related problem, not Virtuemart.

Module published ?
Any other publishing rules, date, language, position etc

What has changed ?

Php version, VM version ? Joomla version ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Kuubs

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 07, 2020, 12:21:32 PM
Assuming the product module is published, has the access level setting been changed?

I just changed the language.

But I found the issue. I hadn't had any categories for the products, now that i have added a category, the products are back. Is it necessary to have a category? The products are also not showing when I don't have a category.

Jörgen

???

You said it worked before ?? Or hasn´t it ?

Have You actually removed the categories ? If not, why would they disappear now ? What is the language change about ? All products in new language or just changed language i front end from english to something else?

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Kuubs

Quote from: Jörgen on March 07, 2020, 18:17:41 PM
???

You said it worked before ?? Or hasn´t it ?

Have You actually removed the categories ? If not, why would they disappear now ? What is the language change about ? All products in new language or just changed language i front end from english to something else?

Yeah weird no?

No I didn't remove any categories. I just added the Dutch language, and after that they didn't appear anymore, not in my modules and not in my category layout. Only the direct link from the product.

Jörgen

Check Your language settings. I think there is some guidance on VM website.

Weird things happen in backend if You have more than one language. If You f.e have Swedish as shop language and start to edit in backend with English as admin language You will get strange results. In stead of editing swedish that gets inherited, you edit english which only gets inherited to f.e German if it is empty. The Swedish is already filled out before and suddenly you may think that You have two swedish versions. The one in english and the one in swedish. Keep Your eyes on the flags in backend and check Your language settings.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x