Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

product filter in admin - discount

Started by marvays, March 04, 2020, 05:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Studio 42

@pinochico
Why you find always extrem cases ?

I wrote a price rule plugin for a customer that have discount  groups per customer using an external tables.
Of course in some case, core calc rules is not the best solution ! But this not mean that you should not use it, if it's possible
And of course if each product have own rule, then it's better to override the price manually

And perhaps your case can be solved using a plugin, if you apply similar rules(here price = 199) to products so you can remove it without manually update each price

Rsn

I think this is not an extreme case.
I have a similar situation, only a little different.
The stock price is independent of the regular price. Therefore, percentages or + - are not suitable.
The stock price equals the purchase price. For each product, it is unique.
It must be specified for each product.
Rules are not suitable for this.

Rsn

Quote from: Jörgen on March 06, 2020, 12:55:37 PM
Why should You use 300 discount rules ?

Because, as I wrote above, for each product - its own sale price (purchase price).
Common rules do not fit.

Rsn

If there is no Override price in Virtemart,
then the only solution to the problem will be two prices for each product (prices depending on conditions).
This is also an acceptable solution, but these are redundant entries in the database that can now be avoided due to override prices.

Jörgen

This looks more like custom version of The Rappenrundung, a job for a custom  calculation plugin. Or importing the prices through Excel. Afaik this is not possible with standard calculation rules. Max has some extensions touching this area. Check with him.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Rsn

Jörgen, yes, I import data from Excel or CSV or XML. I have no problem with this. Everything is configured and everything works.
We also export data to some major services.

The only question is, now I calmly use the Override price for products on sale.
But you wrote that this is not a recommended solution.
And it bothers me that someday (with one of next updates) override prices will no longer be supported. I would not want that.

GJC Web Design

The solution I use is the "old" price ( in our case Recommended Retail price" ) we store in the Override price field but in config this is disabled

Then the "sale" or "reduced" price minus Vat is the base price

The price displays are adjusted to get the desired rendering

This way we can quickly adjust the "retail" / "sale" price (the base price) by import, this price we can make "pretty" and any tax/discount/coupon/quantity pricing etc adjustments work correctly

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

pinochico

@patrick
I'm sorry Patrick, but I use examples from real ecommerce life.

We do not use VirtueMart as a play the game, but as a competition to large ecommerce solutions (Shopify, Shopsys, Magento) and if I am looking for a solution, I am looking for a system solution solution == I have to consider all the real eventualities required by e-shop owners.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products