News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

address nickname value is inserting zip code when left blank in cart

Started by gremaley, February 24, 2020, 19:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gremaley

Joomla 3.9.15
VirtueMart 3.6.10 10211
PHP 7.4

On Feb 18, 2020 I upgraded to the latest version of VirtueMart and noticed a minor bug.... just curious if anyone else as seen this issue and if there is a fix?

It involves the address nickname field for the "Ship To" address. If this is left blank during checkout, VirtueMart used to fill it in with ... Delivery Address "x" ... with "x" counting up for each new order. Now, I have noticed it gets filled in with the zip code and street address instead.

This gets very messy for long addresses. "address_type_name" is the database field, see attached png.
The confirmation email displays this at the top of the shipto address cell. I suppose i can comment out that part in the html email file, but was hoping for a more elegant solution..

gremaley

For now, I just unpublished all the options for address nickname in "shopper fields". Maybe this bug will be fixed in a later version.