Table for reviews submitted from front end and back end is different.

Started by dylanphelan, March 23, 2019, 10:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dylanphelan

Hi

A while back I bought the Google Structured Data component in order to get my reviews / ratings to show up in Google correctly.

Although I have multiple reviews, when looking at the source code I can see that only 2 ratings have been added.

I spoke to the developer of google structered data, he says that it appears that reviews submitted by registered users on the front end are stored in a different table to reviews submitted by admin on the back end. Only reviews submitted in the front end appear in the micro data and there in Google search results.

My problem is that I use guest checkout, so customers are not required to register and hence can't leave a review themselves. they generally email me their comments / reviews which I then add in the back end of VM.

How can I get these reviews to show up in the structured data?

(the extension developer insists this is not a problem with his component)

thanks. Dylan

I am on VirtueMart 3.2.14

six gun

i think you are talking about the Google Structured Data component from Tasseo.
i was just in contact with him about reviews and they were not showing up.
The problem he said i had was i have more than one product on the page - i sell oils and on the page i have dispensers as a 'side item' which will appear in the pop-up when a person add an oil to their cart. We get some extra sales this way.

The machine sees several items on the page and ignores the reviews/ratings b/c this it 'thinks' they could be for this additional items on the page.
i am wondering if i can manually override this - put the review in from another source - i might have to manually do all this.
i will have to keep looking i suppose.

pinochico

We don't use Google Structured Data component anymore.

For Review we use JLEx Review.
For Rich Snippets we Rich Snippets for VirtueMart.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products