News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM tranlation - Can someone explain???

Started by Hardus1, February 06, 2020, 09:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardus1

Hello everyone,,
I just spent a bit of time trying to figure out a couple of things on my virtuemart.
I set up language content and all ok. The site is both is Danish and French. It seems to be ok in Danish but not in French??? The French part is falling back on the english version while the rest of the site is turning to french. That's problem one.
I tried to set up my configuration so the Language setting  is set to French and Danish. If I do that, my product listing is not showing anymore on my back office and it gives me a error 404 on the public site if I try to see single products...
Which leads me to the second question : How do I set up this thing so I can have a translated version of my products and categories depending on which language you choose. There seems to be a language selector somewhere but i just can't find it.
Thanks a lot.
The site is actually on demo at studio-449.com/demo1.
Thanks for looking it up.

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Studio 42

If you modify site from english to french then you have to reenter the french translations for all your shop.
Using my tool Vm Be pro, you can batch copy from one language to another the products
Si you should not remove English but add French, use Vm be Pro to copy the product and after only remove the english in multilangual shop to not loose the datas.