News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

importing product info

Started by brendanh, January 27, 2020, 22:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brendanh

Hi,

I am thinking about using virtuemart for a new project.

But, I would need it to be able to import a product list from a csv file to populate the component.

Is this possible?

If so, will it also be able to import the product image from a csv file?

Hopefully this is a simple question :)

Regards, Brendan

Studio 42

Hi,
You can use my component VM Be PRO https://shop.st42.fr/en/products/vm-be-pro-batch-product-edit.htm (can import image, categories .... too), it support csv, ODS(multiple sheets)  ....
Or for all Joomla https://rolandd.com/products/ro-csvi

brendanh

Hi,
Thanks for that suggestion.
Does your tool work on importing the data into an empty version of Virtuemart, thus creating the products and categories?

Or, do the product categories need to be created first?

Studio 42

You have to do it in the right order.
add category, manufacturers(you only need the name and description for eg.)
add after the product.

pinochico

Hi,

You can use this component (I think an amazing app for import data to VirtueMart) tools for Import products, categories, custom fields, manufacturers, media, prices, related products... from local files (CSV/XML) or external URL (from external suppliers) with/without login/pass (in url or popup)
I tested and use another app but this app is much better :)

You can use CSV, better XML, from local file or external URL.
You can use external URL (typically one supplier or several suppliers) with or without popup login
You can create a template for every import, copy, export, import templates and change setup for each template individually
You can import product in one template and price, stock, media, categories in another template, one by one
You can connect to cron (wget, cli) and import more templates one by one
You can import data first time and second-time update only selected/enabled
You can parse information from several templates (one template for products, one for images, one for stock...)
You can create parent/child link during import

All information is created by first import (if not exist) or assigned to existing in a shop and can be updated/or not by next imports.

We use in every shop, especially where we need to import data from suppliers and from ERP together (SAP) == data is from two sources and can't be overwritten from one source to second.
App use XMLPATH with all the benefits.

Detailed info You can find there - https://www.minijoomla.org/extensions/virtuemart-extensions/import-produktu-pro-virtuemart

Regards, Rudolf

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Studio 42

pinocchio, your tool is to complicate to create a shop.
My tool dont need any settings, it's why i created it for me and my customers and do not use CSVI anymore.

pinochico

Patrick,

You are very kind. We use your menu on kolo-park.cz and svicky.biz and not use multi import images on kolo-park.cz (do you remember?)

Yes, our shops are not easy, is very complicated and then our tools have a lot of function which the client needed for real business live. Are robust and may be created for custom use.
This Year we need to connect shop to ERP Microsoft Dynamics. What do You mean, what we use? CSVImproved or another tool without setup (easy for the customer?)

I think - our clients are different - for easy admin, our client uses new Czech eCommerce == VirtueMart is to complicate to create easy shop  (I think it is the same comparison between our products and your products).
And client from czech republic - they are very demanding - they want the same features on eshop as eshop alza.cz or notino.cz (who spend millions of euros on development a year).

With simple applications we will not achieve thisĀ“:)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products