News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

I get kicked out of my website's backend when I try to modify the shopper

Started by FX2LTD, February 12, 2021, 21:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FX2LTD

Hi,
I have a website with Joomla! 3.9.24 Stable [ Amani ]
I have just installed VirtueMart 3.8.8 10472

I am having this problem: when I try to work on the Shopper, as soon as I click on SAVE, I get kicked out of the backend, into the frontend. I cannot add/amend any info on the shopper.
I had this problem also before installing the latest version of Virtuemart.
The shop is currently empty, I haven't started working on it yet, as I am having issues with the basic configuration.
I have uninstalled and re-installed, the problem is not going away.

Thanks in advance

jenkinhill

Turn on VM debug to see if that helps. Also check your error logs.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

FX2LTD

There might be multiple issues.
PHP8 might cause some of them.
When I work on the shopper I get kicked out, when I work on simple options in the configuration, I get these messages:

get_class_methods(): Argument #1 ($object_or_class) must be an object or a valid class name, string given

Deprecated: Required parameter $htmlIn follows optional parameter $selected in /home/sites/6b/e/ee2f0fcece/public_html/plugins/vmshipment/weight_countries/weight_countries.php on line 447

Even when trying to uninstall Virtuemart, the module still stay, with the error message: 0 Undefined constant "JPATH_"

Unofrtunately I cannot switch PHP versions, if I go back to 7.4 the whole website goes down completely :-(

FX2LTD

Things are getting worse and worse.
I have uninstalled VirtueMart, disabled the modules that were not being uninstalled, tried to reinstall again both from the web-install inside Joomla, and the packages.
It does not reinstall
Error message attached. :-(

Jörgen

This looks like a PHP 8 issue. VM and some of other extensions for Joomla are simply not ready for PHP 8.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

FX2LTD

Thanks,
I will have to wait for an update PHP8 compatible, unless I find a way to downgrade to PHP7.4 without losing the site completely (which is happening at the moment).
Too bad because I was going to launch an online shop with hire and booking facility, and now I will have to stop completely because of this setback :-(

Regards

jenkinhill

You should check your PHP7.4 server installation - it's a possibility that it is lacking some modules that Joomla needs. Maybe test with 7.3 as well? PHP 7.3.27 was released about 2 weeks ago.

There are big changes going from 7 to 8, I suspect many Joomla extensions will not be completely compatible for some time, PHP8 was only released 2 months ago.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GJC Web Design

Don't know why you would want to run a commercial site on a brand new php version ..
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

FX2LTD

It happened by chance...
I was having the old site on a certain hosting provider, Joomla was continuously showing messages about upgrading to a newer PHP version as the old one was going to be unsupported. I contacted the hosting with regard to the issue, their reply was that in the immediate future there was no plan to upgrade their PHP versions.
I found a new hosting, I moved onto them and (I now believe) by default their package must have been set up on PHP8, as I made no choice about it. I installed Joomla and I started working on the new site, with no technical issues. So I thought it went smoothly. I installed Virtuemart a month ago with no issue, but I left it there, as I was planning on working on the overall content of the site, before focusing on the online shop.
Until last week, when I decided to configure the basics of the shop, and I started having problems. Initially even the installation of the latest VM package went well, as I was able to choose the new beta control panel and work on the various settings of the shop.
But the issues showed once I went onto the shopper configuration. In the part, it just doesn't work.
I have wiped out and reinstalled the website's full backup taken 2 weeks ago (which was containing the initial unconfigured VM package) 4 times over the weekend, with no succes.
Then after giving up on the frustration, I tried to uninstall and reinstall from scratch, incurring in all possible problems. But it seemed that it was uninstalled in the end, apart from the modules (which I have manually disabled).
I switched PHP version to 7.4 and the whole website went down. As during the creation with the other packages I had no issues, I believe I would have to troubleshoot wat package is not happy when I donwgrade to PHP7.4, but at this point I don't know if it's worth just standing still and waiting for VM to get closer to PHP8, rather than me wasting more time trying to downgrade to PHP7.4, and then in a couple of months having a VM version that works on PHP8...
I might set up a development server and make some experiments, I don't know... for now I will just wait a bit, focus on other things, and wait to see what happens, or focus on some temporary alternatives...

Regards