News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Fedex Module? Why not?

Started by antcomp, January 09, 2006, 07:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fidel

Is there a finalized version of this that one of you could post with all the bug fixes? Although I am using UPS, there are a few items that a client has that would benifit from FedEx. Furthermore, more options for the customer would be great. Thank you. Fidel

rightminddesigns

Here is a zip file with all of the files I am using, including my changed fedex.php. The only changes I made were to manually assign the shipping weight UOM and changed the FedEx tag that was being displayed for the shipping rate.

I also added Soeren's instructions to the readme file for creating the variables in the language file and some very brief and broad instructions of my own on the process to getting set up with FedEx.

I'll be interested to know if this works for someone else...

[attachment cleanup by admin]

fidel

I'll give it a shot here as soon as I get some time, probably within the next day or so and provide my results here. Thanks again.

rpertusio

I will be testing this module after I am added to FedEx's testing server.

rightminddesigns, you may want to adjust your README file to have the variables (in step 6) entered between steps 3 and 4.   This way, when one goes to configure the shipping module, the Tips are correctly displayed.

Good Job to everyone working on this module!

- rp

antcomp

Why do we need to keep adding the language varibles? can't some one just make the nesscary changes and post the file? Or if it involves core files within VM, just change it in the next revision or even rerelease 1.0.3 with the changes as 1.0.3 and not tell anybody, (unless they use the fedex module it wouldn't matter).

antcomp

I just thought of how to enable label creation for the fedex module. Unfortunatley I don't know exactly how to implement it. Basically this what would need to happen.  First I've never coded for VM or Joomla (I do know php though). What I need to know is this: Fedex says that the transaction with their servers to get a rate quote needs to be seperate from the one to place a shipping request (this is what generates the label). this means that the label couldn't be generated until after the transaction has been processed. Other then this the entire class remains the same. All that changes are the values used in the tags (tag 0 is the tag that tells which type of transaction is being sent). So my main question is rather or not VM can access a shipping class at any point in the checkout process or only on adesignated page. The same applies to other transactions (i.e. returns) only thoes would need to be proccessed through the backend. Keep in mind though that this only makes it possible to create labels. The ability to enter all tags in the backend is still needed fr fedex to certify us for live lable creation. This is because to be certified they will send you a set of tagdata to use to generate a label that you must send them. This needs to be done for  every meter number using lable creation.

mit

I installed the FedEx module, configured it to include my FedEx account number, used the test server listed in the 'Read Me' file, and got the following error:

Error: FedEx Return Error 1247 : Required address field missing: Contact name
Error: Error updating the Meter Number

I need the FedEx for the rate quote, and not a shipping request.  I've spent over 30 hours on this, and would really appreciate it if someone could help me to get this module functioning properly.  Thanks in advance!

BTBlomberg

Rightminddesigns and antcomp,

First of all I am glad to see that you guys ahve tried ot tackle this. I do not know PHP but I want to get this fully working and will learn it to do so if I must, but I have very little time for it. If this helps though I can across Jay Powers most recent code which is in the module used, but found it also has some sample files for tracking, shipping and printing lables, etc.

If is here:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/fedexdc/?topic_id=914

I am trying to get this running for a client and signed up with FedEx with his account last night, but could not figure out where to go to get the Server Info and Meter number? Any suggestions. The site seams to take me in circles. Do I need to log into my customers account to get it or do they just email it when it's ready?

Now if this can get working all the way I would think this would be a big plus for ValueMart in the US. My client has several sites he would use this for so it's worth it for me right there.

If you guys are still on this let me know. Thanks,

super_yupi

Thank you so much for this module!!
After a long trial and error...I finally made it work on my website..
I wanted to share with you some things that I stumble along the way (and hope this will help some people)

Stage 1: Find updated Fedex shipping module by Jay Powers(I got FedEX dc 1.02 Jay Powers / Soeren Eberhardt www.vermonster.com)

Stage 2: Contact Fedex and ask them to put your account on test server
http://fedex.com/us/solutions/wis/index.html
Calling the number on this webpage-- and ask for "web integration"

Once you made the request you will recieve the confirmation email--and you will see the test server URL. It takes 24 hours for you to be added to the test server.
They will not contact you and let you know you are added to the test server.  I contacted and make sure I was added after 24 hours (Just so I know...)

Stage 3: Configure, modify the module and connect to test server --and get meter number from the program

Read "README" that comes with the module for installation.

Here are some tips  ;)

1) Account number should be without "-" and it is 9 digit number (at least mine was...)
2) You need cURL (go to Joomla's server/PHP configuration and make sure it's enabled)
3) If you have Godaddy shared hosting account... you will need to add the following
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY,"http://64.202.165.130:3128");
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE);
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 120);
6) Make sure you have SSL
7) You don't need Meter number at first
8) Make sure fedex.cfg.php is writable (as it says in README)

Stage 4)  Go to your website's shopping cart

Go and pretend to check out---when you reach the part you select your shipping, if all went well, you will see various selection of Fedex shipping method

Example:::

Express Priority Overnight ($53.63), expected delivery: WED, 28Jun06
Express Economy Two Day ($17.95), expected delivery: THU, 29Jun06
Express First Overnight ($105.62), expected delivery: WED, 28Jun06
Express Standard Overnight ($47.66), expected delivery: WED, 28Jun06
Express Saver ($16.48), expected delivery: FRI, 30Jun06
Ground Home Delivery ($5.83)
Ground Business Delivery ($3.97)

Stage 5) Go to admin --and go to shipping module -Fedex
You will see your meter number filled in :)

Stage 6) Contact Fedex to go through the certification process so your application can go to production server

I have not finished with Fedex's certification process---but since it at least worked- wanted to share the news with you.

I will let you know what happens next.

Cheers,

BTBlomberg

After dealing with two errors on subscription that were resolved by the same proxy info posted by Super_Yupi (also on GoDaddy / Wild West Domains reseller).

Errors were:

Error: cURL ERROR: 28: connect() timed out!<br>unable to process subscribe
and
Error: cURL ERROR: 7: <br>unable to process subscribe

This error came with both for abvious reasons:
Error: Error updating the Meter Number.

Found same proxy patch for tghe proxy fix for this on another forum as above and all is fine.

Going over the code trying to see if there was a bad pass of the URL I saw the features are all there that I posted about earlier and Jay Powers just broke out each task as it's own PHP page for other integration.

Also, for Super_Yupi the code posted by earlier on this page by rightminddesigns has the 1.2 code in it with some adjustments for ValueMart and works great so far.

On a side note you can forgo the automatic submittin of info from Joomla/ValueMart where it relates to the FedEx account info. The reason you may need ot do this is if the FedEx account is shared between businesses run by one individual/company, but may have some differing info between them.
To do this open "fedexdc.php" and comment out:

/*
*         4003 => $db->f('contact_first_name').' '.$db->f('contact_last_name'),
*         4008 => $vendor_address,
*         4011 => $vendor_city,
*         4012 => $vendor_state,
*         4013 => $vendor_zip,
*         4014 => $vendor_country_2_code,
*         4015 => $vendor_phone
*/

and then insert:

4003 => 'John Doe',    // Name
        4008 => '123 Main St', // Street Address
        4011 => 'Boston',      // City
        4012 => 'MA',          // State 2 letter
        4013 => '02116',       // Zip Code
        4014 => 'US',          // Country Code 2 letter
        4015 => '6175551111',  // Phone Number

after the commented out section and the next lines:
    ));
    if ($error = $fed->getError() ) {
Once again only if the site info is different that the required FedEx account fields.

Chris Hutcheson

Quick question - when appling to have my fedex account set up  for the API, in Canada, I get asked these questions:

Communication path to FedEx?
   FSM API, or
   FSM Direct

Data Format?
   FedEx Tagged Transaction, or
   XML Tools

What should I be answering for each?

Thanks!
Chris

rightminddesigns

Quote from: Chris Hutcheson on July 25, 2006, 16:33:10 PM
Data Format?
   FedEx Tagged Transaction, or
   XML Tools
Purely from memory, I think this is tagged.

Communication path to FedEx?
   FSM API, or
   FSM Direct
I can't remember what the setting is supposed to be. Have you tried either way? Or, maybe the FedEx tech support would know. I seem to remember them helping me figure out a lot of those kinds of questions.

Chris Hutcheson

Thanks for your response. The Fedex guy simply told me to fill out the appiication. I think I'll do that for now, answer using your suggestion and the API item and see what happens.

Cheers
Chris

ssoltz

When I started down the path suggested by Yogi, and called the number on the page link shared, I was told to read the "Web Integrated Systems Overview" document on the same page as above.

Basically, it says you have to download their API, and install it before you can get a test account. Does anyone know if the "FedEX dc 1.02 Jay Powers / Soeren Eberhardt" from vermonsters.com is a substitute for the software Fedex wants you to use or do they go hand in hand. It was not mentioned in Yogi's post, which is why I ask.

Thanks,
Steve Soltz
SSK Creatives

meadwench

OK, I went to http://www.vermonster.com, and don't see any Virtumart modules there, just a standard PHP FedEx module. Is that what we're supposed to use?

Vicky Rowe
Rowe Computer Consulting
Thanks!

Vicky Rowe
Gotmead.com
The best source of mead-making information in the world
Satori Digital Marketing - Small business website and e-commerce design