News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Can't find User-ID

Started by wendij22, January 13, 2020, 11:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wendij22

Hello,

I have a serious problem with my Virtuemart Bookshop. As of yesterday it no longer wants to confirm the book orders and I get an error saying "invalid data entered". I have updated everything, but nothing seems to help.

I then managed to find the  error logs, and it says the following "vmError: TableUserinfos COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_USER_ID in record is missing ! Can't save the record with no COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_USER_ID".

Can someone help fixing this problem? I have been in the database, but can't find the problem there either.

I thank you in advance for your kind help.

Wendy

jenkinhill

You say everything has been updated. What versions from/to? And have you also updated your template? What payment plugin is being used?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

wendij22

My apologies, I forgot to put in the versions of the systems used.

PHP Version 7.2.24
Joomla 3.9.14
VirtueMart 3.6.10 10211

jenkinhill

What version from? Template? Payment method?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

wendij22

Hello Jenkinhill,

My apologies for the unclarity of my e-mails. Below the list of extensions and other parts of my Bookshop that have been updated (or not)

PHP Version 7.2.24 (not sure when this was updated)

Joomla 3.9.13 to updated Joomla 3.9.14 on 20 December 2019

VirtueMart 3.6.10 10211 – Updated 20 December 2019 and again 13 January 2020

ARTIO VM Invoices 3.1.18 updated to 3.1.19 on 13 January 2020

One Page check out (VM Manager) updated in October 2019

Template Horme 3 Pro – October 2019 – updated 13 January 2020

Payment – Request Invoice (Comes with Virtuemart Update) – seems to work still

Payment – Paypal (Comes with Virtuemart Update) – seems to work still

Stripe Credit/Debit Card Payment from Puma-IT – seems to work still

Shipping by Rules Plugin for VirtueMart – 6.2.4 – hasn't been reupdated by developer for a little while, but it still works

Advanced Shipping by Rules Plugin for VirtueMart – 6.2.4 – hasn't been reupdated by developer for a little while, but it still works

SYMPTOMS
What I discovered so far is that selling from an existing account (one receives discount when using their login credentials) is working very well.
When I create a new account for IMRF Member to get their discount on their purchases, the submitting does not work and the following error appears: "Invalid data entered".
Please note that a new customer cannot create their own account.
When a new customer is clicking on submitting, the same error appears "Invalid data entered".

Observations
When looking in the logs in the Virtuemart logs, the following error states:
2020-01-06 11:58:30 ERROR vmError: TableUserinfos COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_USER_ID in record is missing ! Can't save the record with no COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_USER_ID. So far I have counted 25 errors exactly like above (USER_ID error).

I get the feeling that the latest Virtuemart update has a bug and no longer seems to create this User_ID anymore when a new customer without an account, or a new customer with a fresh new account tries to submit their order.

What can this be? And more importantly, how can I fix this?

I thank you for your help.

Kindest regards,

Wendy

GJC Web Design

all my installs are on Joomla 3.9.14/VirtueMart 3.6.10 10211 since before Xmas and all can create etc new accounts in the normal way.
And there have been no such reports on here so sadly it looks like something in your install.

It needs some back tracing to see where and why the user id is missing during I assume the User save process
The error comes from the VMTable class and is a standard logic check before saving

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

wendij22

Dear GJC Web Design,

Many thanks for your kind advice.

I think I need someone to help me further to have a look behind the scenes of the website and the database.

When looking at the table userinfos the user-id do exist, but strangely enough the column address_type_name seem to have weird negative numbers in them as well (for example: -7). And this seems to be doing it on and off since late October 2019.

Can I ask you, or one of your colleagues, to have a look at my website and perhaps try and fix it? I know some PHP and database, and did some courses years ago. But it has been years since I have worked with PHP, that I am just behind with my knowledge.

I thank you in advance for your kind advice.

Kindest regards,

Wendy