Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Hide parent product from class="product-field-display"

Started by marvays, December 16, 2019, 09:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marvays

Hello. I'm solving a problem.
I have a parent and a child.
In the drop-down list I have "Choose a variant" in the first place.
When I expand the list, I see "select a variant" on the first line again and then the product variants.

Can I disable the "select variant" display in the drop-down list in VM settings? When I select a varinate, this field may no longer display. Make it perfect.

I solved it in css:
.product-field-display option:first-of-type {
    display: none;
}

But it should be automatic.

pinochico

Great :)

Why do You do it? I need first line - the first line tell customer - Please, select  child (or material, or width, or another - in attachment == Vyberte materiál, Vyberte rozměr)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

marvays

This is unnecessary in the drop-down list and does not look good.
I'll say everything important then. In addition, the first position in the drop-down list is active and points to the parent. And I don't want to send the buyer to parents, but only to children.

pinochico

QuoteAnd I don't want to send the buyer to parents, but only to children.

Hmm, our client considers it a mistake and want to send buyer to parents - if customer create mistake, then can't go back from selected child to parent (only in button in browser) :)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

marvays

Nenapadá mě jediný důvod, proč by měl být zákazník přesměrován na rodiče.