News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Some items are missing in the cart

Started by marvays, December 11, 2019, 05:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marvays

Hello,
I picked up the goods and put them in the basket. then I select other goods and put them in the basket. When everything is done, I open the basket and see that some of the items in the basket have disappeared. Where is the problem? Cache?

VirtueMart 3.4.2
Joomla! 3.9.13

jenkinhill

No URL, but I wonder if this is another issue with older VM versions on J3.9 - or a JS problem.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

marvays

jenkinhill

Seemed to work OK for me. I did not see any JS errors.  Maybe you do need to clear your caches, especially if using Chrome.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

marvays

The problem happens once a week. Now before Christmas there are more orders, twice a week. Will more frequent clearing of the cache with Regular Labs Cache Cleaner help? Or should I install the JotCache component?

Studio 42

Do not use page cache, only module cache else you can see cart or orders form other users !
Jot cache can work, but you have to set it right

marvays

Quote from: Studio 42 on December 12, 2019, 15:01:29 PM
Do not use page cache, only module cache else you can see cart or orders form other users !
I don't understand it :( what do you mean?

jenkinhill

I would turn off all caching on the site, as long as it does not get stupidly slow. See if that removes the problem, but things that happen only occasionally are so difficult to pin down.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

marvays

Quote from: Studio 42 on December 12, 2019, 15:01:29 PM
only module cache else you can see cart or orders form other users !

Does the cart module work with cookies? Or cache?
And I cant see any cache setup in cart module :(

jenkinhill

No, the cart is not cached. Realistically I don't understand how sometimes a product is removed from the cart, but the cache is the first place I would start. Check what is on the Joomla Maintenance: Clear Cache page.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

marvays

So, disabled joomla site cache for good work VirtueMart is your standard procedure? Hosting got fast.

jenkinhill

I have a very fast cloud server so usually do not worry about caching.  VM cache information is here:  http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/223-caches.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Studio 42

The problem is simple.
If you add a product to your cart as anonymous and use page cache, then other user see same cart/page
If you use cahce for modules, then other user see same module content, if the module support cache.

marvays

Quote from: Studio 42 on December 13, 2019, 18:15:10 PM
The problem is simple.
If you add a product to your cart as anonymous and use page cache, then other user see same cart/page
If you use cahce for modules, then other user see same module content, if the module support cache.
So you also agree that virtuemart needs cache disabled?