News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Info about product shared stock option

Started by ermes, December 03, 2019, 10:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ermes

Hi forum, i have googled without results. Where can I find info about the shared stock option?

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Milbo

You meant http://virtuemart.net/news/496-bugfix-release-3-6-4-outdated-payment-plugins-work-again.

In short:
"added shared_stock for child products. They can use now the stock of the parent"

Shared stock for the variants. In our example someone sells eggs in different boxes.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Jörgen

Good explanation  :D
Jörgen @ kreativ fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

baroen

this functionality might be very usefull to me. Where can I find a more detailed explanation of this function? Milbo mentiones a example with eggs in different qty boxes, but I cannot find that example anywhere.
I sell products by weight. Each child product has a different weight. I would like to be able to set the stock value for the parent on the total weight I have in stock and be deducted on every child sale.
Is this possible?

Jumbo!

Open the the child products and check the checkbox called "shared" in product Status tab. See the attached screenshot for reference.

Now you do not need to maintain the stocks in child products. Whenever you update the stock in the parent product it will automatically also get populated/shared with all the child products marked as "shared".

Now if any of the child products is ordered the stock of the parent product along with all other child products will automatically get updated. They all will always have the same stock.

Hope this helps.