News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Upgrading to Virtuemart 3.6.1 Errors

Started by sherrieblossom, November 30, 2019, 00:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sherrieblossom

Hello I've read the forums but nothing is update to 11/30/19. I've had errors and other issues after upgrading to VM 3.6.1
Error after installing package files with AIO being the last zip I uploaded. I'd like to know what these errors mean. I saw an old post for 3.4 to ignore it but wanted to be certain as other issues have arose. See below.

Warning
JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/sherrieb/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone/libraries
JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/sherrieb/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone/modules
JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/sherrieb/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone/modulesBE
com_virtuemart_allinoneInstallerScript:: VirtueMart update #__virtuemart_payment_plg_standard
com_virtuemart_allinoneInstallerScript:: VirtueMart update #__virtuemart_payment_plg_authorizenet
com_virtuemart_allinoneInstallerScript:: VirtueMart update #__virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries
Installation of the component was successful.

After updating:
- I log into frontend test account - the previous user billing and shipping info no longer shows and are all empty with a red asterisk next to each field. How do I fix this and please provide step by step instructions to get to the area in your response.
Backend:
1. Order list now has a column with the work "Paid" and a red circle with X in it. What am I supposed to do here or is this the way it's supposed to look?
2. Clicked on an order and under Purchase Order line it doesn't show order number and instead shows Paid with red circle and x inside the circle. All the confirmed orders before the update always had confirmed next to it and the system captures and pays at the same time. Is this the way it's supposed to look like?
Tax:
- Prior to updating the system was set to add tax only to the shipping address. Now it's not adding any tax at all. All orders shipped inside CA are supposed to have sale tax. Can you provide step by step instructions on how to initiate this? Please remember I'll need you to tell me how to access each area because it's not always apparent to a newbie.

Thanks in advance!

PHP Built On   Linux c19778.sgvps.net 3.12.18-clouder0 #1 SMP Wed Mar 28 14:22:08 EEST 2018 x86_64
Database Type   mysql
Database Version   5.6.36-82.1-log
Database Collation   utf8_general_ci
Database Connection Collation   utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version   7.1.33
Web Server   Apache/2.4.39 (Unix) mod_hive/6.27 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_fastcgi/2.4.6
WebServer to PHP Interface   cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version   Joomla! 3.9.11 Stable [ Amani ] 13-August-2019 15:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version   Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent   Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/78.0.3904.108 Safari/537.36

GJC Web Design

Why 3.6.1?  the latest is 3.6.10...

the warnings and messages are normal and can be ignored

Other problems could be config or template ... try again when you are on the latest stable
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Melina Schuster

We lately migrate from VM 3.X to the latest version. From that moment the REGISTRATION for new users doesn't work any more, giving the following error whenever we try to reach it: Call to undefined method stdClass::getParams() We already contact our template supplier, and they are just suggesting to change the VM to 3.0 again, wich means we would have to load up the products all over again. This would be a Titanical work for us. Could you please help us with an other solution?

Jörgen

You should not have to upload your product again. Simply overinstall the old version and use update tables etc under tools.
Of course will You have to take a backup when upgrading if You value Your data.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

GJC Web Design

QuoteWe lately migrate from VM 3.X to the latest version

means nothing ,, the actual version you used is needed

not much of a template supplier..  :(

Call to undefined method stdClass::getParams()

use Joomla debug to find WHERE this error is and post the result here
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation