Backend tooltips shown as "title", although defined as class="hasTip"

Started by man.of.earth, November 27, 2019, 13:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

man.of.earth

Hello,

I noticed that in backend, at least in the config area, tooltips are still shown as "title", although the respective elements have the class="hasTip".
JHTML::_('behavior.tooltip');
must be added in /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/config/view.html.php , in order for the tooltips to be shown properly.

L.E. The code above can also be added in the following files, in order that the tooltips to be displayed properly:
/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/media/view.html.php
/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/orders/view.html.php
/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/orderstatus/view.html.php
/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/product/view.html.php

A few slight errors that prevent displaying the tooltips:
in /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/product/tmpl/product_edit_information.php
it is class="hastip" instead of class="hasTip" - with capital T (5 occurrences).

Milbo

It took me a while to check that.

For me it is directly suspicious, that we have tooltips in the config, but without loaded JHTML::_('behavior.tooltip');.

The reason is that the whole thing does not work with "hasTip" anylonger. I removed it as test for the whole config area and the tips are still there.

I think it works with /media/jui/js/bootstrap-tooltip-extended.min.js, which is as far as I can see always loaded by joomla.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

man.of.earth

Hello Milbo,

There are two different kind of tooltips (or, rather 3):
1. those using mootools (JHTML::_('behavior.tooltip');), which have a black background and use "hasTips" class
and
2. boostrap tooltips, which are mainly used for the column titles (e.g. appear when one wants to sort things by a certain column), which have a grey background for the title and white for the tooltip content (JHtml::_('bootstrap.tooltip');)
a. Some use "hasPopover" class - well, popover is a kind of tooltip, after all.
b. Some use "hasTooltip" class - the only file in VM where I found that is components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/renderlabel.php

Bootstrap framework is more lightweight than mootools by few hundreds of KB. Maybe it would be a good idea to use the former - that would mean to do the appropriate changes everywhere (class, data-toggle for each occurrence etc.).

Robert_ITMan

Any of you know how to increase the tooltip on mouse-over listing the categories on the programs page? As-is it looks like it cuts off after listing 11 categories... would be great to increase this or not limit it at all.

I think I found it in shopfunctions.php - can VM team consider increasing the renderGuiList $quantity =3 and/or the $ttip $quantity + 6 (I updated $ttip $quantity +25 and it works for me I think I get up to 30 categories showing on mouse-over now ... but you will wipe it out with next update and I'll forget all about this).

static public function renderGuiList ($idList, $table, $name, $view, $tableXref = false, $tableSecondaryKey = false, $quantity = 3, $translate = true ) {

$ttip .= ', '.$item->$name;
if($i>($quantity + 6)) {
$ttip .= ',...';
break;
}
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS
manage > develop > market > repeat

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com