News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Editing addresses doesn't work ?!

Started by melsonmarketing, November 27, 2019, 10:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

melsonmarketing

I just updated a site and now it's impossible to edit customer accounts in the FE.

calling "index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=edit" leads to a "0 - Call to a member function get() on null"

Php7.2.18
J! 3.9.13
VM 3.6.10

disabling

- overrides
- JCH Optimize
- SEF

Doesn't make a difference.

Thanks for your assistance

Michael

GJC Web Design

use Joomla debug to get the full error trace so we know where the error is thrown
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

melsonmarketing

Here is the error:

Call to a member function get() on null
/path/to/page/components/com_virtuemart/views/user/view.html.php:282
Call stack
#    Function    Location
1    ()    JROOT/components/com_virtuemart/views/user/view.html.php:282
2    VirtuemartViewUser->shopper()    JROOT/components/com_virtuemart/views/user/view.html.php:142
3    VirtuemartViewUser->display()    JROOT/components/com_virtuemart/controllers/user.php:59
4    VirtueMartControllerUser->display()    JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:710
5    Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()    JROOT/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.php:120
6    require_once()    JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:402
7    Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent()    JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:377
8    Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()    JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:194
9    Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch()    JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:233
10    Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute()    JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:196
11    Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()    JROOT/index.php:49

Milbo

Ahh dam. My error. You can solve it by having a menu item for your account maintenance. But it should also work without.

Or use the attached file. Remove the .txt and upload it to yourRoot/components/com_virtuemart/views/user
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Linnemann

Dear Milbo,

thank you for quick reply.
After making a menu item and changing the file Root/components/com_virtuemart/views/user/view.html.php the problem with editing adress is solved.
But now I have a problem with the Joomla Register funktion.
If I click on the "Register" link in login form I get an error ...

Debug Mode now says:

0 Call to a member function get() on null
/*ROOT*/components/com_virtuemart/views/user/view.html.php:362

Call stack
#    Function    Location
1    ()    JROOT/components/com_virtuemart/views/user/view.html.php:362
2    VirtuemartViewUser->lVendor()    JROOT/components/com_virtuemart/views/user/view.html.php:146
3    VirtuemartViewUser->display()    JROOT/components/com_virtuemart/controllers/user.php:59
4    VirtueMartControllerUser->display()    JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:710
5    Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()    JROOT/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.php:120
6    require_once()    JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:402
7    Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent()    JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:377
8    Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()    JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:194
9    Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch()    JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:233
10    Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute()    JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:196
11    Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()    JROOT/index.php:49

Can you help me, too?

Kind regards

--
Joomla 3.9.13 | VirtueMart 3.6.10 10211 | No overrides

Milbo

alright, the error is two times there. So last time I fixed only one place. Comes due an optimisation, but I should find a pattern which more failproof.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Linnemann

Now it works fine in my installation.

Thank you. I'm glad you're taking on the ploblem so quickly.

melsonmarketing

stAn99

hello, just to index this properly, i am adding full details of this error:

1 Call to a member function get() on null in file: /components/com_virtuemart/views/user/view.html.php line: 282

on VirtueMart 3.6.10 10211

best regards, stan
----
RuposTel.com
www.rupostel.com
Your customized checkout solution for Virtuemart

EIF

Is it possible the create an alias for url ../index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user , to use a more friendly url when people want to register themselves / create an account?

Linnemann

Quote from: EIF on February 20, 2020, 12:45:54 PM
Is it possible the create an alias for url ../index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user , to use a more friendly url when people want to register themselves / create an account?
Yes it is possible, you just have to creat a menu item. With Munetyp "Virtuemart" -> "VirtueMart Kontenpflege" (in german) [it is the 8th one].

Nils

EIF

I already have to menu option, but only for registered (logged in) users. That works correct with the alias.
When I use the same menu option, with a differrent alias for Public users, it doesn't work.
But when I am writing this, i've found out what is wrong. I use a template with a direct link ../index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user. My menu with the alias for this doesn't work now, of course. When i change the link to the alias, it DOES work.

GJC Web Design

and if u add the &Itemid=xxx to it?

although this bug will be fixed in the next release ( already fixed in the test VM3.6.11 series )
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation