News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM does not send emails from „Product status” tab in BE

Started by man.of.earth, November 22, 2019, 16:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

man.of.earth

Hello developers,

When I try to send email to customers whose orders have a certain status (from the backend, ,,Product status" tab), the email is not sent.
In Joomla! global configuration, I chose PHP mail and SMTP; the test emails from the J! configuration are sent, but not also from the VM ,,Product status" tab, with each of these global settings (sendmail method for sending emails appears to not work on my server).

man.of.earth

I was wondering if other users had problem with this function too.

jjk

No problem here. Check your settings in VM adminstration > Configuration > Orders tab. It should look pretty similar to the screenshot attached below.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

man.of.earth

Hello,

I tried that, but the emails are not sent, although it says it sent them.
Did you try exactly to send emails to customers whose status orders are selected below (it can be any status)?

(In the situation where there are users waiting to be notified of that product back in stock, it sends the emails, but not in this one.)

pinochico

i think we had the same problem only if we check more than one order.
If check only one order in BE and change status, the email was send correctly. Than we have to add hack to VM, because admin need check 50 orders in one time and send emails to clients in one time.

But this was in old version 3.2.X

Rudolf
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

man.of.earth

Hello pinochico,

I was referring to the tabs from the product edit page (see screenshot), not to the order list.
On the product edit page (third tab), one can only select the order statuses of the orders that contain that product, in order to send emails to clients whose orders contain that product.
I was wondering if other people can send emails from there too, because they don't work for me (I also tested this on a test site, with vmbeez3 template and latest VM only).

pinochico

Unfortunately, we don't use this feature since VM 3.0.9, because it doesn't work.

That's why we added 2 new plugins to Virtuemart Email Manager:
- Waiting List admin view
- Notify

Thanks to which we send bulk automated emails after stock for clients who ordered the product (and the product was not in stock).
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

man.of.earth

I wonder if the developers can fix this. It's a very useful feature.

pinochico

QuoteIt's a very useful feature.

Really? And In what? I don't understand ...

man.of.earth

Simple: one can invite people to make reviews related to the works/products they bought, and other such things.

pinochico

Ahá :)

I use it for that Acymailing with automatic campaigns. Easy for setup.
For reviews existing solutions for VirtueMart or we use Acymailing for reviews or abandoned cart with our plugin (Virtuemart User Actions)

The administrators of our e-shops sell 50-100 pieces of goods every day, it would have stoned me if I forced them to send emails manually from the administration.

No, I don't really want to use these features (which don't work by my tests).