Registration email to vendor and overrides email

Started by guardiano78, November 16, 2019, 17:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guardiano78

Hello,
after upgraded virtuemart from version 3.6.2 10159 to version 3.6.8 10197;
I posted this topic in "Administration & Configuration":
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=143897.0

Since no one can give me an answer about this problem, I thought the problem was just mine.
So I installed the latest versions of joomla 3.9.13 and virtuemart 3.6.2 10159 with sample data.

So I made all tests for registration and in "Joomla User Options" i setted "New User Account Activation" = "Administrator".

I write below my test report:

-- virtuemart 3.6.2 10159 --
User Registration works fine:
1. After registration, user (mail_html_reguser.php) and vendor (mail_html_reguser.php) receives emails correctly.
2. the user gets his login details in the email and the link to confirm his email; after confirming the email, the seller receives an email containing the link to activate the newly registered user account.
3. The seller then clicks on the link activation and the user receives the email for the confirmed activation account.

-- virtuemart 3.6.3 10184 --
User Registration doesn't works.

-- virtuemart 3.6.4 10187 --

-- virtuemart 3.6.6 10191 --

-- virtuemart 3.6.8 10197 --
User Registration works, but without user email (mail_html_reguser.php) and vendor email (mail_html_reguser.php):
1. After registration, user receive email with "body" stored in Language file com_user.ini (COM_USERS_EMAIL_REGISTERED_WITH_ADMIN_ACTIVATION_BODY) [in frontend, after registration, is displayed the message with COM_VIRTUEMART_REG_COMPLETE_ACTIVATE_ADMIN ... string missed?] and vendor do not receive any email.
2. the user gets his login details in the email and the link to confirm his email; after confirming the email, the seller receives an email containing the link to activate the newly registered user account.
3. The seller then clicks on the link activation and the user receives the email for the confirmed activation account.

Can anyone tell me if has encountered these problems yourself?
I look forward to receiving your feedback, thanks.

guardiano78

Hello,
sorry if I insist ... has anyone encountered these problems?

Thanks.

sandomatyas

Yes

When I check VirtuemartViewUser.VirtuemartViewUser there is a code:
$this->userFields = $userFieldsModel->getUserFieldsFilled($userFields, $this->user->userInfo);
but $this->user->userInfo is empty

guardiano78

Hello sandomatyas,
which version of virtuemart are you using?

sandomatyas

soluzioni

Hi everyone.

Sorry if I take this post after more than three months ...
Since the same thing happens to me, I just wanted to know if you were able to solve the problem.

Thanks!

guardiano78

Hi soluzioni,
unfortunately after the tests you read in this post, I haven't had time to try with the latest updates... not yet

jlover

Hi

I have same problem.
Admin activition

COM_VIRTUEMART_REG_COMPLETE_ACTIVATE_ADMIN ... string missed?

any solution? Thank you.

VM latest update VirtueMart 3.8.4 10335

guardiano78

Hello jlover,
for missing strings you can use joomla override for languages.
Go to "Extensions -> Languages -> Overrides", select your language and side (administrator or site), and make a new override.
In "Language Constant" you can write "COM_VIRTUEMART_REG_COMPLETE_ACTIVATE_ADMIN" and in "Text" you can write the string that you desire.

Instead for the problem of the post, I have not yet solved :-(

Tryer

Has anyone resolved this issue ? I also have the same problem.

pcsimple26420

No everybody return to VM 3.8.4 because of that...

jenkinhill

If for some reason you require Joomla registration with confirmation then rather than revert to a less secure VM version you can set the flow to require Joomla registration first. Once the account has been activated the shopper can then make a purchase, they will be asked for additional address details required by VM at checkout.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum